Universal Halo: Spartan Strike (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 16, 2015.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Probably this. I never played he first but people seem to like this one better. Apparently has more vehicles/variety/etc. than Assault

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to say this newer game is a lot better than Assault. They pretty much improved on almost everything. The backgrounds are lively, varied missions, a narrator (trust me, this helps a lot), and good length missions (average around 10 minutes so far on area 1). I'm really enjoying it a lot more than the first. If I had to score it, SA would get a 7/10 and SS 9/10.

Replayability in these ones is always good as the missions are fun to run around and shoot with lots of different weapons. Also you can activate different skulls to change them up. I like turning the HUD off, harder enemies, and less ammo dropped to feel more like an ODST.

So far my favorite guns are the shotgun and the magnum. Those feel so good when they fire.

3. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Sweet, thanks! Can't wait to get home and play these with my Moga Rebel! It is the single greatest iPhone accessory I've ever bought!

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Cant help myself but movement feels totally off to me. My character is moving like he is drunk.
    Sensitivity is way too high it seems. I've played many dual stick shooters and never had that problem in any of them.

5. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

I did gave an advise about the left stick. Reduce your thumb movement. You only need to move a little on your left thumb for your character to move which is something different from other twin stick movements. Would say the sensitive is very high. If you manage that you will notice the movement is completely fine

6. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Lol why is the first screenshot of promethians (enemies featured in Halo 4) when the game takes place in a simulated 2552 New Mombasa?

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Lol, I've been wondering the same thing. Haven't made it far enough to answer this question

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I can't get past the first level because it keeps crashing >.>

9. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    In which device are you playing on?

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011

The time line is different every time you beat a section. The first area is New Mombasa then after that it's five years later.

11. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    5S iOS 8.3

12. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

hmm so far i have zero crash. did you try to close all background app and restart your device? that's the closest i can assume. i am running it on Air 2 with 8.3 too so I dont think its relating to iOS.

13. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Yeah, I'll try that. Thank you !

14. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Does this work on an ipad mini 1?

15. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Quite good actually, I'm getting a stable framerate on it despite some screen stress.

16. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    How is the autosave... Do you have to start a level over or resume where you leave off when getting a phone call? thats my biggest peave with Space Marshals

17. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Works just fine, it automatically pauses for you if you leave in the middle of a game OR getting a phone call. This happened to me today, so you shouldn't need to worry.

18. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks so much!

19. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Very, very disappointed with touch sensitivity. Way too high and nothing in settings to change it. Please do something about this!!! Game is almost unplayable because sensitivity is too damn high.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or if it was mentioned in the tutorial, but you can manually aim grenade throws by double tapping the right stick and then dragging around for aiming the throw. As for the movement sensitivity, it's definitely an issue but not to the extent that I would deem the game unplayable.