Universal Halo: Spartan Assault (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    It doesn't matter for my case. It work regardless I connect the controller before launching or connecting it while in game. Either way no issue connecting. What I actually meant is the game does remember your last config setting. Assuming if you last played with controller. Next time you launch the game without one connected it will actually prompt you to connect your controller or touch the screen to revert to touch control

2. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Wow I feel like a total moron. I had to toggle controller support in the options menu

3. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    You have to toggle if you are connecting the first time. What I mean is once you have that setting save. Next time you launch the game it will remember you had controller previously and will ask you for it. If you choose not to connect you can touch the screen to change back to touch control. However the next time you connect MFi after you have revert back to touch, you have to toggle again in the setting.

4. simonefo75

simonefo75 Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Is coop game possible?

5. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    How is the game saved?Is it possible to play the same game over 2 different devices?

6. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    there is no icloud save

7. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Do you know if the game is saved on the device or on a microsoft server?

8. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    on the device (you can play without internet connection)

9. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cheers for the info.Guess I will be only playing it on my iphone ;(

10. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

nope it's a single player game

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Does it matter? Plenty of older games come out on the iPhone. Don't see the issue. People like retro games. Successful games on other platforms often come to ios

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=259668][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259667][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258324][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259632][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259673][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=259784][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259631][​IMG][/thread]

Halo: Spartan Assault

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 16th, 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own game!

13. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #113 Crabman, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Played thru the first one now (and half way thru the second)and it's definitely a must buy for every Halo fan.Very polished,beautiful looking and great action.It really plays similar to the original Halo just with a top down view.You never have enough ammo for your favorite weapon so you have to use everything that you find on the battlefield,the AI plays similar (i.e. grunts escaping when you kill their leader),is not the dumbest and often enough you have to take care that you NOT just run and gun.Step back,take cover,kill them one by one if necessary etc...all that is typical Halo fun :)

Biggest difference is that enemies are easier to kill (there a more of them though).But i always played Halo on legendary or at least hard,so that might be the reason why it feels different for me.

And yes,SS looks better but i don't think it looks THAT much better than SA.It's still a great looking game.And in SS i already stumbled over two levels that you have to play twice (by foot and in a tank for example),i was a tad disappointed about that.

Also,i couldn't find much difference in the vehicle control,maybe because i'm playing with a controller.

First i found the camera a bit...unusual (the black corner upper left/bottom right)until i got that it's supposed to be the cam from your mothership,circling in the orbit.Now i really love it,it gives me a more immersive feeling (with dirt on the lense etc.)

Things i didn't liked that much:some of the levels can be quite long (kill 6 leader etc.)and therefore some checkpoints would have been nice.

And Vehicle and grenade control could be a bit more spot on.Sometimes in a hectic moment it's possible that you throw a grenade elsewhere...but not at the enemy you wanted.That counts for both games.

But all in all the best ten bucks i spent on games the last couple of months.And they deliver a lot of replay value if you are going for all the medals etc.

Some levels can be a bit tough and hectic,a tip for the more"casual"player:Buy powerups before starting the mission (okay,thats obvious).A combo of Mjolnir shield and increased damage feels already like cheating :) If you don't have enough credits,just replay a (short)mission where everyone should easy get a gold medal.Mission A4 or E3 comes to my mind.

14. Thicks

Thicks New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I have the madcatz c.t.r.li and I'm also experiencing deadzones as well as having to push down pretty hard on the buttons. This and world of tanks are the only games I've experienced with deadzones and button sensitivity issues which is surprising because both games are pretty huge.

I really hope this gets resolved.

15. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    This and Spartan Strike crashing now with 10.2.
    Is there anyone live this?

16. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I'm on iPod Touch 6 with iOS 10.2 and the only time it crashes is when I tap during the opening of the game. I guess waiting until main screen is the only choice. I haven't had it crash during actual gameplay.

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Does anybody know whether this works on older devices like iPad 4/iPad air on newest iOS?

18. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    both are working on my old ipad 2 IOS 9.3.5 and on my ipad pro IOS 9.3 and ipad 2017 IOS 10.3.1

the best games ever IMO

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    I hope it will work or I'll just waste 5$ but still,I won't be too angry,lol.
    I just hope that it's only broken on 64 bit devices...and not because of iOS 10...

20. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Can more people confirm that this works on iPad 4/Air/iPhone 5 on latest iOS?