Universal Halo: Spartan Assault (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 16, 2015.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Bought both in the bundle. looks and plays great on my iPad 2 Air. No hesitation in buying these.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Support premium titles, folks!
    Specially when they are worth it. Are these two...They are!

While this title is in german with no language settings (ARGH!), thank god HS Strike is in english, at least.

(Just in case...i know that changing my device's language could solve that problem...maybe)

3. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    wonder if this will run on my ipad 2...

4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    How is something that came out less then 2 years ago "old"?

5. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #45 Jake7905, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    How do you like the touchscreen controls on this one?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your post in the other Halo thread praising the controls. Now I'm seriously tempted.

6. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

I did give the touch control a go. And find it pretty acceptable. Not the best but still play well. It does have a bit of learning curves and getting used to like aiming your grenade throw or shooting cannon from your vehicle. So its quite unlike most generic twin stick shooter as there are a lot of stuffs here. The tutorial in the game does help you with that which is advisable to go thru it when you are playing it the first time. .

On a side note MFi on the other hand is great as it plays like most twin stick shooters on consoles.

7. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    ^ Thank you for that. That bundle is looking awfully tempting right now....

8. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Personally I find that while both games are twin stick shooters, but they do have very different presentation as far as I have tried so far. Which i think it's a good thing since it really makes you feel like you are indeed playing 2 different games. :) My imp so far remain pretty positive. I also like the daily weekly challenge thing. It makes it enjoyable to go thru the same level again doing different thing to complete your mission.

9. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    And what does it say about the quality or fun?

10. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Touch controls work pretty darn well. Was skeptical about the controls for this title out of the two specifically as I read all the reviews harping on the terrible touch controls. I'm here to put you at ease, I played through the tutorial of both ios games and the controls are the exact same. The developer was smart enough to update the touch controls on this title to match the improved touch controls of Spartan Strike. Gameplay is super smooth and responsive on my iPad 4, can't wait to play through both of the AAA titles finally on ios!

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thank you so much for the reassurance on the touch controls. Especially encouraging to hear they've been updated to match the later title's presumably better controls. Buying the bundle now!

12. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Most important question for me now..is it worth spending £4.50 on both Halo games? i never played halo but these seems to be spinoff to original halo series

13. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Does this have a solo campaign or is it purely multiplayer? This looks like a good time but I tend to play games solo.

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Single Player Only.

15. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Am I the only person who thinks the movement control is shockingly bad?

I'm all over the place here with my thumb virtually covering the right hand side of the screen to get anywhere.

Didn't really like this that much on 360, but thought it might be fun for a knock about on the iPhone.

Sadly the controls have put me off it completely.

16. Louard

Louard Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

May 4, 2009
    I look forward to trying this with my MOGA tonight, the touch controls work pretty well. I wish there was an option for static+visible virtual pads but the invisipads work well too... Actually what I'm doing for my next game ^_^. For what it's worth Spartan Assault actually runs quite well on my iPod 5! Haven't tried Spartan Strike yet, mind you.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Not even reading the impressions. Buying it now. Ughh I already used up my gift card AND I bought the original already on my windows tablet.

But this game is AWESOME for a fun pick up amd play. The sequel should be good to.

I'm still surprised they released it on ios.

18. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    If you had to pick just one, which would it be?

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah the left control button can be frustrating. Sure they'll sort that

Still playable just a bit frustrating at times.

20. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I totally missed it on 360 but i would have bought it in a second if i would've known.May i ask you why you didn't liked it?