Halo Reach in 10 hours!! Whos getting it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kingcobra, Sep 13, 2010.

1. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Ok so I got halo at the midnight launch and it's turning into gears 2 matchmaking... It seems like we only get to play 2-3 same maps over and over.

2. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

well there are only 13 (I think) and some are better than others for certain game types (maybe). so that could be the reason.

3. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    haha i feel so bad for everyone that went to gamestop. not even getting a copy when they preordered it. i went to this local gamestore and picked it up for 55 bucks new and they had like 7 copies of it. what was funny is how it was literally about 30 feet away from the gamestop.

4. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Great game and I'm loving how most FPS games these days now barely have any downtime :) I'm soloing through heroic right now and already stuck in the campaign :-/ I was hoping I would be able to take down any Covenant with some good tactics and dodging the projectiles but that doesn't seem to be the case with these 2 bulky green aliens I'm encountering right now. I must have melee'd one of them 2-3 times in the back with no results.

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I heard Bungie will ban you for quitting matches, so enjoy your broken matchmaking, because you have no choice but to play it, whether you like it or not. Halo is the pinnacle of co-op campaign play and that will never change. This is why I have purchased and played through every Halo ever released, but Halo MP is and always will be garbage. You've got two choice out there for real MP, COD or Battlefield. Personally, I'm a Battlefield guy myself. But Halo online? Forget about it. That's a joke.

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah, Halo online was OK for me to, sometimes garbage as well, but I know the people who like that kind of online FPS gameplay think it's the best. I've always loved the single player and co-op of the Halo franchises, which for me personally is the reason I think it's the best FPS series made...yeah I've played them all from Wolfenstien to Half-Life, but the Halo games are the only FPS games I keep coming back to for the single player and I've beaten the single player for each Halo game countless times and I'm not tired of it.

Anyways, Halo: Reach rocks!!!

7. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    lol wut? Gamestop ran out of copies? Was that a widespread problem or just down your local store? Couldn't find any news articles on it
    The way I understand it you will only be temporarily banned for habitually leaving games. So go ahead, leave the game if you really don't like the mode or whatever, just don't make a habit of it. Besides, the ban is what, 15 minutes?

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It's literally in my hand right now (Best Buy and UPS make a fantastic team), and I can't play it. I did get a recon helmet with my pre-order, though, so... weee...

9. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Haha, funny.

...Oh wait, you were serious.

Ugh, I wasn't going to buy the game... But then I saw Forge World again... and watched the Red VS Blue Reach Mini-Series... And now I've ordered it from Amazon. Curse my lack of tenacity.

10. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I ordered it a few days ago from fry's because they had it for $45, but it's apparently on a "partial backorder", so who knows when I'll get it...

11. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I've already got temp banned for quitting, it's only 15 minutes. No big deal. lol

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I ordered mine from GS and it all worked out fine. Quite a line when I picked it up day-of, but other than that no problem.

If anyone wants to get down on some firefight or MP tonight hit me up GT: Booch138 I know I got quite a few of you guys on there already but the more the merrier!

13. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    I picked up Reach on Tuesday, but had a buncha tests so I didnt play it till wednesday, pretty fun, and Forge World is HUGE. Definatly gonna play some more today

14. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Loving the game, ive been hooked and playing nonstop ever since it launched...

Good game last night Booch.

If anymore of u guys wanna play my xbox sn: z80 Proof Goose

Also, my gamecenter sn: kingcobra

Figured I would post that too :D

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Anyone wanna play tonight? Hit me up in game GT Booch138 lol

16. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    halo is unbelievably awesome... and hey if your looking to join one more forum, and you love halo check out haloreachforum(dot)com. say armynL referred you, or dont. up to you, just letting you know thats where the halo talk is at.

but on another note, I"M ADDICTED.

17. kingcobra

Sep 13, 2010
    dumbname you should play with us sometime...

GT: z80 Proof Goose

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ill be on tonight bro, we should get down on some tonight. More Legendary shenanigans? hahahaha

19. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    i'm slowly retiring from these forums...

GT: pm me.

20. kingcobra

Sep 13, 2010
    Booch Ill invite you when I see you online at the same time as me

dumbname why retiring?