Halo Reach in 10 hours!! Whos getting it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kingcobra, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    #41 Hdsn21, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    asdf

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    meh...seems lame...

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    He's right though. Halo is overrated.
    The only Halo game I've properly enjoyed was the first one.

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Bungie/microsoft has really been stretched out to squeeze every last bit of money out of Halo. It's just not fun anymore. First halo I played was Halo 2, soo muuch fuun. Could not stop playing. Then I got Halo 1 and played that, good campaign mode for the most part.

Then three came along. I like halo, I picked it up. Still fun, still the same old formula. Few weeks later the thought of halo made me sick. It was the exact same thing as halo 2 with a few pick ups thrown in. The only thing good about it is Forge. Overall I thought the Halo series was great and not overrated.

Now here comes another one. Jesus christ, it looks the same again. A few gimmicks were thrown in from the looks of the beta, but still the same as the last 3. I'm not shelling out $60 for a halo 3 with better forge mode and better graphics.

Same with CoD (although treyarch looks like they are making something promising).

5. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #45 Electric_Shaman, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Keep it up, dare to be different! You showed us kid!

7. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Reach will be a rental/future purchase when its been out a good 6 months or so. I enjoyed the others in the franchise but the whole Halo universe has grown stale for me.

8. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Express Posting directly from Microsoft Australia HQ as we speak :)

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Oh darn it, I have to wait another day to get my mitts on my Limited Edition pre order :(

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Why?

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Apparently there was some problem with shipping. Oh well, it's only a day...

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So the wife got sick last night AND my friend bailed on me for p*ssy (which by all means is much more important :rolleyes:) so I didn't get my midnight release of Reach. Gotta wait till after work :/

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet who doesn't care about Halo.

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hahahaha you would get along with my wife. She doesn't get the appeal. Then again she is a total PlayStation fangirl so she doesn't care much for any game that can't be played with a PS3 controller. lol

15. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    You and RttaM

16. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    that kid hates everything though.

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    With a name like Rita, who wouldn't?

18. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    For those who haven't got it yet and are considering it, here are some quick impressions.

Best looking Halo game by far. The campaign is fun but they were correct in calling it the hardest yet. Firefight can be completely customized which is cool. Multiplayer hasn't changed all that much, apart from what I could tell there are no Ranked and Social groups as its all rolled into one. Credits are earned through Multiplayer, Firefight AND Campaign so you can buy new armor which also changes your appearances in the campaign, very cool. First timers can play this without having any idea of the Halo universe, fun references for seasoned veterans.

One of the games of the year for me. Even though multiplayer still sucks balls IMO (I mean seriously, I can unload a full round and attempt to pummel a guy twice and he doesn't die before me? CoD all the way)

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Very true.

How is the campaign? I hear it's pretty short and dull... Just like some of the people I work with.

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #60 Booch138, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah got mine and played all night last night.

Campaign is quite tough. Played on Heroic and I am scared to brave Legendary as me and my friend were often outwitted by the AI. They really keep you on your toes. And there is rarely ever a dull moment, as you often see convenant drop ship after dropship, ambush after ambush to keep the action heavy, but not too repetitive. Out of the 4 missions I have played so far, everything looked good, and the fights were pretty fun. Skulls are still around to make the challege of the game that much freakin harder. Customization of your character right off the bat is fun, though you can't customize a hell of a lot just yet as you have to accumulate overall credits earned in FireFight and Multiplayer. I want to say you earn some in Camp (and you think you would) but I don't think I have accumulated any yet, and I did 4 camp missions on Heroic, do you have to be in Legendary? Not sure. But yeah camp is a beast. Definitely the best looking world of all the Halo games in the series.

FireFight has been totally revamped. It seemed like the FireFight in ODST was a beta for the beast to come. You can now customize everything. And the little bastards are still pretty tough. This mode I got to play the least amount of, so I cannot say much unfortunately, but it is fun. Much better than the one in ODST, and that one was a blast.

The multiplayer has pretty much stayed the same with a few minor tweaks and a sort of "Class" system (using the term loosely). There is a class that can Sprint a short distance, a class that can sheild itself from all damage for a short period of time (great for avoiding plasma grenades and the like), a class hat has a Jetpack that can reach higher places quicker and gain ground over enemies (f*ck the stairs!), an assasination class that can cloak (you can sneak behind enemies and one shot em, kinda hard to pull off for me though) and last but not least, a class that can produce holograms which has fooled me a couple times (if you do it while running, the hologram will run too, if you do it while standing still, it will stand still). It's not a huge addition to the multiplayer but I have certainly seen people make good use out of the power shield. The few seconds of invincibility (even though you cannot move/shoot/etc.) can be the deciding factor if a person decides to waste his 'nades on you while you are invincible. It all depends on who you are playing really. One of the biggest nerfs to the system are the pummel ability (melee). It no longer does the damage that it used to (with the exception of pummeling someone with a shotgun vs a pistol). I can sit there and pummel a person twice and they still do not die. It takes about 3 with a standard assault rifle. Which is rediculous to me. You can unload a full clip into someone and they still won't die (unless you get a good amount of those shots in the head). But this is standard Halo MP. It was expected and I am fine with it. Just wish the melee was a tad straonger is all.

All in all I am very happy with my day one purchase. I will be playing for a very long time (especially since my PS3 won't work on my lame ass TV anymore.) I cannot comment on the music or the sound as my xbox is hooked up to my TV via HDMI, and the HDMI ports are like... shot or something on my TV. I can only get video out which is fine, I'd rather have video than audio. But I would like both lol. I would recommend this one to any Halo player of the past, and any newcomer new to the series.