Universal Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (By Massive Damage, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Is that just an educated guess?
    The requirements on the App Store page just mentions iOS 10 and compatable with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

I would have thought if the game required such high hardware requirements the devs should mention it. Pretty slack on their part otherwise.
    In fact one of the patches states that it improves stability for devices with less than 2gb RAM, and another that fixes stability issues due to frequent loading with no mention of minimium requirements anywhere that I can see. #

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #162 Gwarmaxx, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    unfortunately that's just a fact.

how many iOS devices you have owned? is always the same story every couple of years... i remember when i had 3G/4/4S etc, and some games start to crash regularly just after a few minutes of play, i was angry every time and then remembered that this industry has always been this way since Pong days, hardware grows up and so requirements too, and devs can't do anything about it, they move on and test their games in newer devices, trying to include even the old ones although sometimes it would be better to leave them out.

hey, i hate all that since my first home computer, but this is the sad reality.

in this specific case i guess that this kind of complex strategic games (they're not a story driven RPG or point & click adventure), in which the IA needs to figure out an answer for every move we make inside a huge world, always need a lot of RAM, and there´s an ocean between 1 and 2gb (not counting A7/A9 difference) ... anyway, this is a port from PC, guess the devs haven't optimized it for older devices.

3. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    What is strange

I understand all this, but what I find odd is that during the first hours this was mot giving this situation.
    On the other hand, I have now been to New Terra where you get loke 4 or 5 combats in a row and I was thinking every combat "please dont crash please dont crash", and strangely enough it didnt, and it hasnt, and I played another half hour after going to new terra. Will play some more later and see what happens and post.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #164 Gwarmaxx, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    ok, let me know how it works...

oh, i give you a tip: try to not install so many useless games in order to keep the OS as clean as possible (this applies to any platform you have ;)), sometimes counts a lot if the OS is really clean, and also try to clean junk files with apps like Dr. Cleaner (https://itunes.apple.com/ar/app/dr-cleaner/id1156773866?mt=8) although i don't know if the last version still works like a "hidden cleaner" 'cause the Great A doesn't love cleaners and tends to pull out or ask the dev to revise them, but you can chek it without problems, i'm using cleaners since the 3G days and are really useful, even though most people do not know them.

5. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. My ipad air is wifi only and it is basically to play games read comics and watch netflix. So not much junk, but i really needed a cleaner, the ipad just seems to block off tremendous amount of junk.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for the heads up on that cleaning app. #
    I had one before but it got lost in the 32bit apocalypse and I never got another one. But this one just gave me back 400meg which in my case is really helpful. I have 128gig hard drive but I am always deleting games to make way for new ones..... I really have to start playing games rather than just buying them lol.
    As for how many i devices I have had, the answer is 3 iphones and 4 ipads.... latest being my iPad Pro 12.9"
    Thankfully I tend to inherit my phones from my wife and daughters, so I don't have to buy them. #

So as to not going completely off topic.....
    There should be some sort of requirement by crApple to insist that devs mention what devices are required to run games/apps.
    Oh I know that most do have minimum requirements but this game highlights that there must be some sort of loophole as the requirements stated in the App Store are very vague.

7. Azazell

Azazell New Member

May 27, 2019
    Male
    I have a question.. halcyon 6 on iOS (ipad) is available with lightspeed edition?

8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    It’s included.

Azazell likes this.
  9. Azazell

Azazell New Member

May 27, 2019
    Male
    Thx!