Universal Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (By Massive Damage, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. MassiveDamageInc

MassiveDamageInc Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you're not able to play this on your new device! We're thinking about how to make this playable for iPhone X users. Thanks for your patience!

2. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Yeah I’d love this on my iPhone X since I already have it on my PC. Will it be supported in the future?

3. MassiveDamageInc

We're working on a hotfix for the iPhone X issue. I'll post here when it's up! Thanks for your patience!

4. MassiveDamageInc

Good news, the hotfix for iPhone X is available now! Check your phone for updates :)

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #125 Gwarmaxx, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    hey guys, i don't see any update! anyway, i don't have an iPhone X :D

edit> downloading now... hey guys, have you thought about my suggestion of a pinch zoom on map, rooms, etc?

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Thank you!
    After the update I can finally play this game, it runs perfectly on iPhone X, haven’t had a single crash yet.

So far I’m really liking it, the combat is a bit too simple for my taste but still its a fantastic mobile game.

7. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Will this take up the whole screen of the iPhone X or have the weird edges? Just about to buy, if not I’ll just gift my buddy a copy on Steam instead and just play my copy there.

8. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    No unfortunately it doesn’t utilize the whole iPhone X screen, instead it has black bars on each side of the screen.

One other thing that bugs me is the white home bar. I hope the devs update this to make it invisible. Maybe its just me but I find it distracting. I know where to swipe to exit the app, no need to display the home bar!

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guys anybstrategy on how to play this

10. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This game hates me. I’ve made it all the way to the last fight (at least I think its the final boss) with the Gruul mothership and I can’t finish the fight because IT CRASHES EVERY SINGLE TIME!

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh dear, that sounds super depressing. I feel very sad for you. ☹️
    Hopefully the dev will shed some light.
    Mind letting us know what device you have and iOS version?
    I need to know if it's worth me continuing my game. #

12. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I got an iPhone X now, iOS 11.1, before that I had an iPhone 6+, the game crashed like every 5 minutes on that one.

13. MassiveDamageInc

#133 MassiveDamageInc, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Sorry to hear that you're running into these issues. It'd be super helpful to take a look at your save file. Shoot an email over to [email protected] and we will get this looked at ASAP :)

14. MassiveDamageInc

Loving that suggestion! Can mention this idea to the rest of the dev team to see if what they think!

15. MassiveDamageInc

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
  17. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I finally did finish the game, it crashed during the outro but I still got the Game Center achievement.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, have you thought about a pinch zoom feature in Halcyon 6? in alternative can you enlarge all fonts in every section? specially those on base rooms screen, it's really almost impossible to read their names on an iPhone.

19. robotnyk

robotnyk Member

Nov 22, 2014
    hey guys,

Anyone with experience, how is this game performing post-patch on an iPhone6 or 6 plus?

20. Majya Loken

Majya Loken Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Absolutely stunning game. Sooo good, its just got it all. And the mash up is just flawless. So happy i came back to it in my wish list lol.

I agree with the above, a pinch zoom would very appreciated!! Even though i know i cant i still , maybe 5 hours in, try to look closer at the map and the station! Lol.

Really amazing work Massive Damage Inc