Universal Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (By Massive Damage, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. MassiveDamageInc

MassiveDamageInc Well-Known Member

Update for Halcyon 6 iOS is out on the App Store now

Hey everyone,

Here's the patch notes for the update:

This will fix the crashing on load issue for those that are experiencing it and it should make the game much better for everyone with 1GB devices.

Thanks again for your patience!
    Ken

2. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i ran the update - i think it deleted my save game, but i didn't go very far

3. MassiveDamageInc

That's really strange, we didn't put any code in to delete any saves. The update merely fixes it so that loading any saves that were crashing would no longer crash.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    no issues here with saves, thanks for the update guys!

5. MassiveDamageInc

Great to hear!! :D

6. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Great Game! Actually one of the best ever!!!

I had never played this game on Steam. I saw some info about it here on Touch Arcade and looked like fun as I enjoy these type of 4x games. I bought it when it first came out and finally got around to playing it last night. I have a back log on games yet to play. However as I said this one looked fight up my alley. I am so glad I picked this one up. It is truly a fun and amazing game. Everything works just right. I have only started playing on easy. I can see this game staying on my iPad mini forever, that is how much I am enjoying it. I would never have known this was not made specifically for touch screen as the controls work impeccably. The game did close out on me three time over the course of about 4.5hrs, however the game auto saves and two out of the three times the save was basically where I was at. The other time it was only a little bit back. If you are in to 4x games, space battle games, or just games that are well made and thought out, you should get it. At $6.99 it seems like a steal. Just buy it and enjoy.

7. MassiveDamageInc

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the game! :D

8. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    This is really a gem of a game. Deserves a full review by Touch Arcade. Ship combat and ground combat are very dynamic with all the different skills, lot of things to focus on and balance. Pixel art is top notch and the music is perfect. Really great job from this team.

9. MassiveDamageInc

Thanks, I've passed your kind words / mini-review on to the rest of the team here :)

10. Googgi78

Googgi78 Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Can’t wait for the iCloud saves! Started on my iPad Pro, but can’t use that at work :) Ken, is there any outlook on implementing this?

11. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    iCloud saves and a tiny bit larger font for phones would make this awesome game even better :)

12. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    #92 khann, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    My only complaint is no cloud saves. I have a pretty nice team on my iPad. I don't want to confuse it all by starting a save on my iPhone. I am digging the pixel art and star trek theme. I don't know what, but it feels like this game is missing something. Maybe because it mashes several genres together, it doesn't feel complete.

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    My iPad 3crashes every two or three fights

14. MassiveDamageInc

Yes, iCloud save is on our to-do list. We're swamped with a few critical things until mid-week then we'll be able to look at implementing iCloud save. We want to make sure we do it right.

15. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    in the meantime you can transfer your saves through iTunes file sharing, the game supports it, only a few devs give us this option, never understood why, laziness maybe?

16. Casitan

Casitan New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Still crashing

After the update the game still crashes every 2 minutes. As it is its literally unplayable, which is a shame since I really enjoyed my time with it. Can we expect any more patches to improve on the games memory issues or is this as good as its going to get? I'd hate to give up on it, but as it is I'll probably be forced to refund it.

17. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I am no expert in iPad dev but I noticed that after doing fights some attacks make the game sluggish like if the game was using more and more RAM.

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    OK for ipad Air One?

Just before I get it is it playable on an iPad Air one not 2?

19. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This is a game I’d probably like but it crashes every few minutes so its virtually unplayable for me.

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

i'm playing it since day one and never crashed (6S iOS 10.3.3), which device and iOS have you?