iPad Halbon.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GatorDeb, Mar 5, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    #1 GatorDeb, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    Anyone want to TOFTT? :D

It's a dollar right now with threats to go to $3.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm very tempted.:cool:

3. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I just was looking at that. Seems like there's potential there but could also be crappy.

4. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    so it looks potentially crappy?

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Is it me or does that rabbit come straight out of my nightmares??? Man that thing is scary!
    I think they were going for cute, but ended up with psycho-crazy rabbit..... :)

6. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    How can you be going for cute and end up with THAT? I'm pretty sure they wanted it to be scary :p. It does have a skull in the name too.

7. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I am kind of really curious as to what this game is too.

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Wow, and not in a good way...I'm scared of bunnies now. :eek:

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Ugh it's ugly! It's nowhere's near cute so I think I will pass LOL :)

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Alright, I gave in.
    I'll post my thoughts when I get a chance to play it.

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    It looks like Bobby Carrot...but as developed by American McGee, with character design by Tim Burton and music by Tool. ;)

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #12 NotYou, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    It's a well made game. They definitely put a lot of thought into the design.

The only explanation of the controls is in the app store description. The game play similar to the railroad puzzle games. He starts moving in one direction and, like an idiot, he'll fall off the edge if you don't put a section of land in front of him. If the path in the section isn't facing him, it collapses and he falls into the water.

The "cat" swims around and will flip your pieces around. The devs say he's trying to help, but I'm not sure yet if they're being sarcastic. You can flick him around the level and he goes flying though the air wherever you toss him. He comes back immediately, though.

I only played for a few minutes, but it's worth $1 for sure.

13. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    The description says that you can flick the cat off the screen if you don't like him :D

14. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    BOBBY CARROT? on weeds??? vicodin?? speed???

LMFAO

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was actually considering buying this simply because the skull-bunny looks so cool :D Hearing that it might actually be a good game just cements my purchase, though. Can't wait until I get home tonight...

16. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Please someone make a video lol or post a link to a youtube video but nothing so far because I checked. :)

17. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Creepy version of Bobby Carrot. :eek:

18. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Bobby Carrot meets Donnie Darko. :)

19. adin

adin Well-Known Member

I 'm dying to see a video of this. The twisted American McGee style looks great.

Am I the only one aggravated that the dev's website isn't up?

20. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, to those who liked this game, I respectfully disagree. First of all, forget the comparisons to Bobby Carrot, whether made in jest or not. The two games are nothing alike, and to be quite honest, I think it's an injustice to Bobby Carrot to compare the two. A bunny is about the only similarity they have.

This is nothing more than a path building game, like Gold Rush or Pipes or anything like that. Unfortunately, unlike those games, there's no clear goal as to where you're trying to go, because the playing area is multiple screens and there's no mini-map (at least none that I've found). You have to drag the pieces where you want them to go, and you also have to use a drag motion to scroll the screen around. Once a piece is in place you tap it to put it into "rotate" mode and then drag to rotate the piece. You even need to swipe (in essence a quick "drag") to get rid of the cat. With all these similar motions to do very different things, it's not hard to do something other than what you intended. If you don't catch your mistake quick enough, you're starting the level over again.

And let's talk about the cat for a second. This feline is quite annoying. Not only will it rotate the pieces for you, but it will also destroy them. Sometimes it goes into what I'll call "berserker" mode, and it will destroy two or three pieces without you being able to do a thing to combat it. Plus, just the fact that you have to concentrate so much effort on the cat takes away from your primary goal, which would be fine if the rabbit wasn't constantly moving (okay, once in a while it takes a quick snooze). I just found this to be more of a bother than a "unique twist", though it certainly is a unique gameplay element.

The graphics are good, and I think it had pretty good music (I don't feel like starting it up again to be sure), but in the end I'm pretty much deleting this from my device as soon as I'm done posting this. My recommendation: save the buck and put it towards buying a copy of Bobby Carrot if you don't already have it.