Haiti Relief?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MMP, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ipodtouchfan21

ipodtouchfan21 Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Manage the German iPhone News and Review Website T
    Germany
    so i updated my article and put the list of the games in, as soon as the list on your website becomes an update i will update it, too on touchgold,
    i hope it´s ok that i copyd the list with the images etc.
    greetings ipodtouchfan21

2. Pheebau

Pheebau Well-Known Member

#82 Pheebau, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    Amazing Tips is making mention of its support for Haiti Relief on its website, Facebook fan pages and Twitter (see links in signature). We also posted on various forums and website. I have also added some text at the top of the app store application description (wait a bit for it to be live and appear).

Yes, the link to the app store needs to be fixed - I sent an email to Joshua right after it became live.

Cheers.

--Frank

3. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Hi guys, I just purchased copies of 'Skeleton Key', 'Orange Boy Jump', and your 'Amazing Tips' app, Frank. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

A warm thank you from myself to all developers who are kindly donating their profits.

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It's a very good idea to donate a portion (or all) of the revenue of specific apps/games; it will be mutual three-way. A slogan like "during the next month, 50% of the revenue from Song Summoner will go directly towards Haiti relief" will surely attract attention. Developers get the attention they need for their apps, the donation cause is secured, and customers feel like they've done something nice and get a app/game in return. Of course there needs to be some kind of proof that the revenue goes directly into the charity, not sure how that will work.

5. Good point. I've just updated Charmed's description and I can confirm that Charmed is participating as of midnight last night.

We'll email other developers and ask them to update their descriptions too.

6. Pheebau

Pheebau Well-Known Member

Great and you're welcome! Thank you Sir.

7. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I just submitted our How Am I Feeling? The Mood Analyzer app, I think this is a great cause!

8. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Flickitty will be donating 100% of sales from Jan. 20th-27th. This will be flexible, because I have the feeling I may be getting some extra sales today and tomorrow. If that is the case, I do not think it is fair to keep the sales that were intended for Haiti.

I will watch sales over the next couple days, and very likely make a contribution for those days. At the time I submitted to AppRelief, I think Jan 20th was the first scheduled day.

I apologize for the confusion. Are we allowed to update the appstore with this type of news?

9. jen12323

jen12323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Thanks, devs. I just bought amazing tips. Will get more when I go home to wifi

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

so which apps are having all profits to haiti relief? could someone post a list of apps with all profits goung to haiti?

i just won a 10 dollar giftcard and i feel that it should go to help the people at haiti as i won the money

11. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I think that the percentage of the proceeds going to Haiti relief is listed underneath the games on the website.

12. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    They are all listed on the web site with the amount they are donating: http://www.apprelief.com.

I believe all are donating 100% for today and most of them for at least the next few days.

13. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Developer
    Czech Republic
    Hi, I blogged on my app site and dev blog about IndieRelief, tweeted and added a news item to my website. Hope it brings in a few more dollars for your site.
    Will do the same for AppRelief Jan 21-24.

14. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I managed to purchase four apps that I didn't yet own based on the donation website. I will let my friends know about it too!

15. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    It's disappointing that toucharcade aren't supporting this on their news page. I did see it on joystiq and a few other places though.

Despite the devs kindly donating their profits, I'm hoping that we can hopefully push them up the charts through everyone buying these apps! Come on guys! :)

16. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    In some cases, we might be donating more than profits.

Today I saw a sale from outside the USA- I have had zero sales outside the USA for many weeks. I may never see the money for that purchase (because Apple won't pay out less than $150), but I will be applying it where the buyer had intended. It is the right thing to do.

I urge all buyers to consider buying from the US store if possible.

17. enuhski

enuhski Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hi,

I've been trying to contact you guys via Twitter, but no one has responded. I also emailed you via the contact form yesterday, no reply yet. I am tweeting about the AppRelief project like crazy - even devoted a promo code giveaway to build awareness of it. Can you guys give me an official press release I can work with? So far I've posted the link to your site on my main page (http://www.appsized.com) but I'd like to post a full-blown article in my news section.

Thanks. Please DM me - I'd like to help out as much as I can.

18. MMP

MMP Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
  19. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

20. enuhski

enuhski Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    hi! already emailed. twice, actually, because i forgot to give you the proper links. :p hope i can help!