GameClub Hail to the King: Deathbat (by Avenged Sevenfold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I reached my borderline playing Babylon on nightmare mode. No chance for me to beat the final boss and i tried five times. Maybe if i'd buy an iap sword, but it's ok, i got way over ten hours of great fun out of this game. Before i delete it to free some space, i'm heading over to vote for the GOTW. Looking forward what these Devs come up with in the future.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #122 Vovin, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

Maaaan, you must have played Pong or Loderunner for 30 years and now you are confused with this game.
    Seriously, your arguments are either invalid or you're switched to rage mode because you want to stir things up a bit. Just because the game isn't exactly how you want it to be. But you're completely overreacting, mate.
    So, about hitting enemies or your other problems with the game - you're doing something wrong here.
    Man, calm down and try it again. The game is good and a nice trip back into the 90s.

Oh, that key. It belongs to a keyhole. :)

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i wonder if the gamedev will reply to my questions from 3 days ago, or just ignores me, or gave up on this forum :p

4. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Ok I'm not gonna be like that "IM OUTTA HERE" Guy but I deleted this game also after defeating the first boss. My reason being, the combat IMO isn't that good. I'm not a big fan of the slash once, run backwards, slash again, run backwards thing. It's hard to hit enemies standing beside you yes but it isn't tedious or anything. It just doesn't flow well for me. It would be awesome if there was a strafe button so I can attack on the move. There is no dodge button either. This effects gameplay for me making the "slash once or twice" then run away repeat etc. the graphics are this games saving grace. It reminds me of the old game medieval for PSONE. Great game. The graphics are nicely done. But it wasn't enuff to keep. Maybe with an update I'll give it another try. Was that ok guys? Not gonna jump down my throat ya?

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Hmmmm... no, I guess that was ok. Honest opinion with fair criticism. You're safe.

6. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I would rather say I like it, than not. But I am not sure why. The story is stupid, the game lacks any sort of strategy aside from abuse and luck, the level design is repetitive and there is a haunting lack of polish... But I am enjoying it none the less. Every time I play I go a bit ruther and it somehow makes it worth it. I do like the bands music, but I really dont think that affects me in any way, I cant honestly find that many actual songs in the game anyway.
    3,5 from me, with a recomendation, its fun for some reason I cant quite out my finger on. Happy Halloween! This game wasnt worth the original price, but I think with the current cut, the pricetag is perfect, so get it while you can.

7. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Anyone know if there are any FAQ's on where to find the green bats on each lvl? I can always seem to find two but then get stuck lol.

8. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I wish the members with their families friends 7 fans with warm thoughts 7 memories of
    The Rev a Merry Christmas and Happy NewYear.