GameClub Hail to the King: Deathbat (by Avenged Sevenfold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just watched it and I thought the reviewer was unusually harsh on the game. Not sure why he was so negative. My favorite part was when he said, "There is no challenge, oh I just died."

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Damn, this week SUCKS. Back to ssb4

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #43 PoloBaquerizoH, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    This game is pretty average, graphics, gameplay everything, like a game release on 2010 and still average, this game is worth 0.99

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I would love to see a detailed appraisal of this video game.

5. Septim

Septim Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I have a feeling a lot of gamers will end up saying this to the game.

A little let down. Not as great as I hoped but it's not a vile pit of despair either. And yea I used up all 5 of my lives on the very first level. Is anyone else's buttons sometimes randomly unresponsive? Mainly movement and melee. It causes unnecessary hits. And not using it as an excuse for dying, I just suck at the game.

Attached Files:

6. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I bought it and really seems like a joke game, the fighting mechanics are just totally undefined, there is no way to see what are you fighting, is so repetitive, boring, worlds are just bland, I dont have the magic to redact more, I,m just a gamer., really I love action rpg games but this maybe in 2008 for a free game, sorry Eli is my sincere opinion, nothing to disrespect TA, totally follow TA always but is just that not can many people think the same. And for me totally not worth 4.99$

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm more just curious in a detailed appraisal in regards to which features detract or add to the value of a game. For instance, when I bought my house, it had a ~15 year old roof on it which allowed me to buy it for less because of the depreciation of said roof. I assume the valuation of games goes through a similar process with things that made you detract $4.00 from the overall value of the game to reach your final price of $0.99?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow a 1 star overall rating from users on TA. :(

9. lanights

lanights Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Save your money & get Orc Vengeance or Dungeon Quest, if you haven't already played them.

10. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I love old school retro games, love pixel art, 2d, 3d etc, but there is always besides good art style, the quality you can find on a game, that QA can be appreciated in any way, and thats what makes fun to play it and just an addiction. It could be the most minimal game ever but with deep love on its making. For example I played Godfire amd gameplay can be quite repetitive, and the mechanics little odd, but you still can feel the love put on the game amd that what makes a game worth, I pay no matter the price of a game if I know its worth, is just like when you buy a car, if its cheap you expect not too much, but if its more exoensive you know what you will have.
    And really Eli I admire you and is not my intention to make you think I'm just trying to talk just bad of a game

11. DeathbatGameDev

Oct 15, 2014
    It's linear, but you have the ability to jump between maps once you've completed levels to go back and find things you may have missed, collect coins, etc.

Hello everyone - I'm part of the team that's been working on this game the past couple of years. We're thrilled to have it out in the world and to see that it's drumming up the kinds of discussions it is. If anyone's interested in any particular aspects of the game I'll try to answer any questions or address and issues.

12. DeathbatGameDev

Oct 15, 2014
    A "joke" game seems a little harsh. Not worth $4.99? I guess we'll find out, but to say it should have been a free game in 2008 doesn't make sense. This game (as most games, as I'm sure you're aware) took 2 years to make. Would you spend 2 years of your life doing something without expecting any sort of compensation?

13. DeathbatGameDev

Oct 15, 2014
    What device are you using? If you want to send an email to [email protected] with a little more description of the problem we can see if it's something we need to fix. Thanks for trying the game!

14. DeathbatGameDev

Oct 15, 2014
    Hmmm... there definitely should not be silence when you fight any bosses... The mini bosses like Big Momma all have "Unholy Confession" playing. Can you send an email to [email protected] and describe the problem and what device you're on so we can address?

15. DeathbatGameDev

Oct 15, 2014
    Sorry all - just figured out the multi-quote function. Will use this going forward.:)

LOL we thought this was funny too.

Us too. So many armchair experts.

16. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    On page two of this thread you can watch Sanuku's video. Rush ahead to where he meets "Big Momma" ...

You'll see where the music goes dead. Sounded great before this encounter.

17. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    So many negative responses. Imma try it out naw to see what it's like it surely can't be that bad.

18. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Appspy slaughtered this in their review :/

19. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    #59 Shifaan, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    I never liked AppSpy. In my eyes they've always been guys to point out all negatives and a few positives. Almost every game I bought after their review contained them saying bad stuff about it and me ending up liking it. Sorry for going off topic, but for a hack and slash game I find this game pretty attractive actually. Looks great, just needs a little more bug fixes and we're all good.

20. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    To be frank, the gameplay video shows the poor quality of the game, like a game from 2010?

The awful graphic is hurting my eyes. Please take a look at Orc Vegenance. That's the benchmark. This quality and the pricing doesn't match. For 99cent probably I will buy this as a gesture to support the dev. But nothing more than that.