Haha

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iRyan, Mar 22, 2009.

1. iRyan

iRyan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    ICT Student @ Bangor University Of Wales
    Wales, UK
    The Thing i love about apple is you can make accounts in different countries, i recently recieved a promo code for indigo ocho for the app store and me being from the Uk and stupid tried it and not to my suprise it didnt work.
    I thought to myself hmm i wonder if you can just redeem in the usa store without putting credit card details in, so i tried it and too my delight it worked and im playing it as i type haha :) Maybe you guys could do it for the UK Store because we have some different apps to you from my experience in the USA store :)
    Just a thought

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Hi iRyan,
    I am aware of international users redeeming promo codes from the US App Store. I have been tempted to do so myself, as promo codes don't work in Canada either. I have not purchased through the US store, however, as I am pretty sure it violates the iTunes EULA; though I have not heard stories of Apple enforcing that policy.

3. iRyan

iRyan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Wales, UK
    Yes i heard lots of people do it which gave me the nudge to go ahead because i was nervous incase i violated some terms but nothing yet :). Jim if youve got codes and dot reedem there going to waste my friend i would just make an account and get them apps :). And besides. Whats wrong witu making an account in uk and us? Surely they wouldnt give you the option of changing countries if it violated terms?:)

4. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I think you are given the opportunity to change countries because some people move; some people have dual citizenship. True, there is nothing ethically objectionable about shopping in a foreign store, and there is enough gray area to defend the act if necessary, but nothing has yet 'nudged' me over to the US site. I just give away promo codes when I get them: it makes others happy and that is the greatest gift of all. :p

5. iRyan

iRyan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Wales, UK
    Wow your a reqlly nice guy for doing that :) and i juat hope one day that someone giives you a promo code for an amazing game and you use it so your happy :)

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    If it turns out so mess up your app updates, you know that the cause of it is the multiple accounts you're using. I also tried it, but I could only get updates for my Dutch account if there were updates for the US account as well. And since I only had very few games on the US account, I hardly ever got the updates for my Dutch account. So I stopped using the US account, removed those games and setup my iPod Touch as new. That fixed it but I had to replay all my games.