iPad GW Series

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mobile1up, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
  2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #2 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Interesting offer. M tempted. Lemme check if the 6 games are any good. BTW will this pack get all the updates which the individual apps will get?

EDIT:- They all look like minigames to me:confused:.All of them share pretty much the same gameplay. What will be the point of getting them all if they all are basically the same? Now I may be wrong but this is what I could gather from your game descriptions and pics. PASS as far as I m concerned.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wow, one of the only situations where I would've preferred retro graphics and GW has been turned into a middle-aged graying man. Again, wow.

4. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    well, you can blame Nintendo for that :)

5. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    not everyone is into the game & watch type games - they were already at the lower price point; $0.99 - and bundling them as one meant saving space on our launcher and getting them cheaper as well. a bundle was requested by a number of users, so here it is.

sure, they are not your FPS or space shooter type game - but they do have appeal to some; for us, this is the last installment of game and watch style games and we are focusing our efforts on newer, more interesting games :)

6. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    10 free codes - enjoy.

KF6K4N6FLLR4
    KPYFFTMP7AP7
    ELRWLWY6AA7L
    K3KJK6777KF6
    TWE7NXNNX7R7
    MFT64LM97L4H
    WKJE4YP3E37E
    PJ3L3WLNWHLY
    3HXLHFKE6FM7
    WWWH7MYNA69M

if this is your kettle of tea; here are some complimentary codes. there are some active high score sheets online which you can also post your scores to. have fun with the game if you get a chance.

7. Person47

Person47 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    Thanks, I grabbed WKJE4YP3E37E

8. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks. I took PJ3L3WLNWHLY. Funny thing is I was on my iPod, so I memorized the code without pen and paper, and redeemed it.

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #9 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    No no. That minigames remark was not my problem with your games. In fact I love minigames and have paid for almost 50 of them as my 3yr old cant really play Doom Resurrection. He`ll need something simpler instead. Also I didnt mean to say that the games didnt appeal to me. But what I failed to understand was the difference between all six games. I mean they all look similar. If someone was interested he`ll just buy one. Why will he pay for same type of game 6 times? But that was what I gathered from the descriptions on AppStore. Now that I have grabbed a promo code for your bundle lemme find it out for my self if there is a difference or not:D:D:D

Thanx for the promo code. Used TWE7NXNNX7R7

:eek:
    You must have been really desperate :p
    Time to shell out 10 bucks for os 3.0 I guess :D

10. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    they are all race-to-get-as-many-points-as-possible games.

there are six games, they do vary slightly yet they do have a similar feel to them all ; that was the quality of the games back in the day. i can summarize each game here, so you can see the differences:

gw lab: a 4-way catcher, it is the only game with 4-way controls
    gw monkey: 2-way catcher, keep the food in air, special patterns to watch
    gw escape: 2-way catcher, special bouncing pattern from left to right
    gw retreat: 2-way catcher, three different paths, different patterns
    gw octopus: 2-way movement, 3-4-5-4-3 pattern movement for tentacles
    gw retreat: 2-way movement, cross field avoid objects

there is a common "2-way" control to this; hence the simple tilt or tap the sides of the device (another mode is tap the position to go to). the games have their own unique features within them - none are the same as the others; yet, if you like one, you will like the others.

i played these games as a child (i am old now) - my daughter is 13 and she loves these games - but, they are not as appealing as spyro or the other cool brands that are being pushed their way *sigh*

11. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I love game & watch games!

Fortunatly for me I got them all from you guys before Nintendo put the hammer down!

You guys did a fantastic job with the original set!

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nabbed 3HXLHFKE6FM7. Even though I don't like the graphics all too much, it's the gameplay that counts ;)