1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi dev. there is a bug with level 71, there was allready 3 orange stars before I started the level, and I can’t get it lower than this score, I need more than 20 moves. B562FB42-D6F7-4E45-B8E5-3977AECE6203.png

2. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hello, thank you for the report. I can see "BEST: 16" on the screenshot - if I understand correctly, you haven't played the level on 16 moves and the value was there from the beginning? It's really strange and I can't see any reason in the code but I'm going to investigate it deeply. By the way, "Standard" (my best attempt during the development) for level 71 is 17 moves, so displaying orange stars for 16 moves is correct, so problem has to be somewhere else.

Anyway, I can see in the new "Levels completed" leaderboard that you have already finished 75 levels - big congrats and thanks a lot for playing the game!

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Okay good luck, the game is great fun to play, the first 36 levels I have 3 starred and 16 of them with orange ones ha ha.

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #24 ROGER-NL, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    So close now only 50 points.

Woohoo number 1 ha ha, feels so good.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I only need to 3 star levels 62 one move short I come and level 88.

6. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Congrats to completing all the levels. You are soooo good! You have more points than me even though in my score are counted three unreleased levels (I’m working on an update with 10 new puzzles to have 100 levels total...).

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh great to hear.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi dev. I just ran into a bug, when I improve my score on a level with orange stars there are no points calculated on to my total score, this happened twice now, maybe it has something to do with that I reached level 90 but dunno about that.
    There is one player better than me now ha ha sucks.

9. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hello, this is actually not a bug - there is generally no score reward for the orange stars. Total score is calculated as a sum of all the level scores. The level score is calculated as 100 points for completion + bonus. The bonus is decreased by every move over "standard" as you can see on the scoreboard. So only reward for orange stars is a good feeling :D and an achievement in Game Center for the first such success. If you want to improve your score, you have to improve your one or two star levels.

To be honest, I think that extra score points for an orange stars would be great, but it didn't occur to me at first and now I don't want to change the conditions of the "competition" after its beginning.

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh thanks for clearing, yeah I need two more levels to three star.

11. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Update with 10 new levels is now available on the App Store.

12. Merlino

Merlino New Member

Jun 25, 2021
    Male
    Hi dev, very intriguing puzzle game. I just reached lvl 85. I am experiencing big differences in difficulty, interesting ... I miss an Undo button! Are you planning any more lvls?

13. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Thank you for the feedback. You are right, there are definitely differences in difficulty among the levels - I didn't want to simply sort them by difficulty but rather mix them so after some really hard puzzle you can relax for a while ;).
    I am going to release a new version with a few more levels every now and then - actually I will submit next update to the App Store just today, so after Apple's review it will be available in a few days.

14. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Version 1.7 with 15 new levels is scheduled for release on Wednesday 14 July. Have a great summer everyone :)

15. Merlino

Merlino New Member

Jun 25, 2021
    Male
    Hi dev, Thanks for the new levels. Your app is great and time consuming fun!
    Level 114 seems impossible to finish with 3 stars. Even 2 stars seem IMPOSSIBLE. Is this a b

16. Merlino

Merlino New Member

Jun 25, 2021
    Male
    ... bug in the game or in my head? Answer very much appreciated!

17. Merlino

Merlino New Member

Jun 25, 2021
    Male
    Hi dev, Thanks for the new levels. Your app is great and time consuming fun!
    Level 114 seems impossible to finish with 3 stars. Even 2 stars seem IMPOSSIBLE. Is this a b

18. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi, I'm glad you like the game! You are right, the value for "standard" moves for level 114 is set wrongly, I'm going to fix it in the next update.

19. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Dear players, I have received repeated feedback from you that achieving orange stars (for playing a level with fewer moves than the set standard) should be rewarded with extra bonus points. You are right, so I will improve this in a future update. The total score is calculated dynamically, so there will be no need to play the levels again and the extra points will be counted automatically.

20. MMXIX

MMXIX Active Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    Indie game dev
    Brno, Czech Republic
    New version 1.9 is available on the App Store. Guroku now has 180 levels and more coming soon. Enjoy! ;)