Universal Guntech Adventures (by Utopos Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jani Penttinen, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #41 Jstorm, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    I tried to reproduce the radar bug, but I cannot anymore. All I did was selecting the radar to upgrade, then the game gave me a prompt that it’s maxed out, and I couldn’t go anywhere from the screen. I don’t know what caused it, and how it got fixed.

As of aiming, I do prefer the option B.

P.S.
    Actually, the first person that asked for the fire button was @psj3809. I wonder if he purchased the premium.

2. Jani Penttinen

Jani Penttinen Active Member

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer
    Las Vegas
    Ah ok, thank you @psj3809 for bringing up the fire button. Personally, I still like the tapping, but I'm happy to provide whatever makes you enjoy the game.

In fact, now with the continuous fire, I'm finding that I like playing with one finger! I disable the joystick and the fire button, and then place the finger anywhere on the screen to control the ship. Usually it doesn't matter where the finger is, but when there is an enemy on screen, I place my finger on the enemy and keep controlling the ship from that point. Holding a finger over an enemy also acts as firing, so I an simultaneously targeting and firing at the enemy, and controlling the ship! It's a little tricky at first but I really like the way it works.

3. Jani Penttinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer
    Las Vegas
    Guntech Premium 1.54 is now out, Guntech Adventures will follow as soon as Apple has reviewed it (seems like today everyone is rushing to submit their apps for iOS 14, so the processing times seem quite random).

This new version has automatic aiming system when shooting using the fire button. It shoots to the direction the ship is pointing, but if there is a target "somewhere there", it will adjust the direction slightly. Currently the max adjustment is +- 5 degrees, I'm planning on making it bigger with weapon upgrades so that the aiming would become more accurate with the higher level weapon (not implemented yet).

User onboarding should also be easier, with some guidance in the shop on how to buy the first weapon, and automatically placing the first weapon to a weapon slot. Radar is now granted after the third level

Jstorm likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think the firing system is almost there.
    I noticed a bug that the ship fires from its tail when there is an enemy in front and the back at the same time.

Also, the auto aiming seems to aim at dead enemies for the enemy type in 1-5 guardians.

One last thing. I think you should remove the “development build” text from the bottom right, because... it’s a commercial product.

5. Jani Penttinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer
    Las Vegas
    New version 1.55 of Guntech Premium is up in the app store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1530152361

This version adds major new meta game systems: XP and level stars. The stars help gain more coins faster, as they come with added coin rewards if you manage to get all 3 stars. And the gaining enough XP will level up the player, which also comes with rewards.

The F2P Guntech Adventures will be updated today as well. It is behind because it failed validation, because the two apps share the same icon (as they always have). This is no longer acceptable, so I had to update the icon and resubmit - it'll take a few hours for them to process it I imagine.

I've worked on a new world, which will be in the next release after this... lots of new levels and cool features included!

6. Jani Penttinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer
    Las Vegas
    Heh yeah, that development build thing was a mistake, I just accidentally submitted a development build instead of release and I only noticed it after the game was already released. I update the game quite often so I figured it will get fixed in the next build. There's no functionality difference, just some debug data included that would only be useful if the game crashed.

As for the firing bug where it fires from the tail - not quite sure what causes it. I need to take a look. I have seen it happen too and it should not. I'll fix it!

Jstorm likes this.
  7. Jani Penttinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer
    Las Vegas
  8. Jani Penttinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Game developer