Universal Gunslugs 2 (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 14, 2015.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

putting it on my todo list, I'll see what I can find

2. orangepascal

working on the first update, one of the cool things being added is Daily challenges: One TOUGH level each day, will come with achievements

[​IMG]

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Just spent some time with this finally. Love it. Too much fun! Easy 4 star. Highly recommend.

4. orangepascal

Seems Apple is flooded with many app updates.. the update I submitted about 2 weeks ago took 11 days to go through approval.

Sadly they think it had a problem with the age rating. So they disapproved the update, and I resubmitted. Thing is that they said the age rating was 4+ and it isn't, it's 12+.. apparently someone at Apple can't count or read :/

This does mean it might take yet another 10-12 days for them to re-look at it.

The update is pretty cool, with a Daily-challenge.. something which has already been available on all other platforms for 2 weeks now.. there's even a 2nd update already and working on a 3rd one.

With some luck they speed things up and we might see the new stuff on iOS before the Summer :/

5. orangepascal

the Daily Challenges update is now live.. guessing the power of internet convinced them to take another look at the problems (thanks also to TouchArcade).

anyway.. go play Daily Challenges ;)

I've been playing them myself every day and recording the result so check it out if you ever are stuck:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi2EDEcHWW8APytONqnO4BhNNiBBsDTdN

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I remember when the game launched there was an issue with the way the game looked on iPhone 6. Has this issue been resolved with the subsequent updates?

7. orangepascal

no not yet. keep in mind that this update was made about 2 weeks ago, just after the release.. just took long to get approved.

and no clue yet why the iphone6 has those lines. doesn't happen on other devices and it shouldn't happen.. but it's at the top of my list, just have to figure it out ;)

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Updates in.., =o)

9. orangepascal

yeah this new update only took 2 days :) go figure!

Sorry for the iphone6 users.. I can't seem to get rid of those lines at the right and bottom edges yet :/

do hope you guys like the new icon style ;)

10. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Haha, it's me!!

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The game's down to 99c. I've grabbed it and can't put it down. The story mode's a plus :)

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, this game was really good. I still play the heck outta it.

13. orangepascal

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #54 Duivs, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    I really wasn't prepared for the difficulty of this game! Any pointers for a newbie?

Edit: If you pause and exit the app and return to it you cannot resume or exit, you have to kill the app.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Run, run, run, pick every single first aid kit and fire at everything that moves. Sometimes you have to think a bit, but in general that works.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    **edit**

Nevermind... Sorry I got it

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The game's been updated, but now it has a bug where the music stops playing after a while. Not to mention that my progress in the story mode was swiped after updating. This, along with the fact that the new version is 62-63MB installed vs the 11MB of the previous version, makes it quite a bad update for me... :(

18. orangepascal

hmm I'll look into the music bug. Haven't noticed that. When does it happen? just randomly during gameplay?

the file size can't be changed much tho.. a new middleware to make sure the game runs smooth and keeps running smooth on newer ios versions.. means a bigger footprint. Only way I can make sure the game stays updated for a while longer

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I played in story mode on the first mission. It played the music for a while but it seems it doesn't loop, so when the music archive ends, it stops. The music plays again when you are killed, but the same thing happens after a while. I'm on an iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1.2.

20. orangepascal

will get that fixed, might take about 11 days tho since Apple's approval process is a bit slow at the moment :)