Guns Royale: Blocky Battlegrounds - Multiplayer Survival Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mpaxman, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpaxman

mpaxman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Beta Update

We are getting really close to having the beta build ready. We will likely be sending out invites for the beta as soon as the end of this week. There is still time to sign up! Send us a message or comment below with your test flight email.

2. ComplaintDept

ComplaintDept Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Sweet!

That's awesome, I'm so excited to try this out!

3. mpaxman

Patreon Indie

Beta Update

OK, so we're trying to sort out some bugs that we would rather not have in the beta. Looks like we'll be delaying until next week. We will keep updating on this thread. Can't wait to play with you guys!

4. CatoDragmire

CatoDragmire New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    This looks great, looking forward into it.
    If its possible to register for the beta I would love to try it (Android platform)

I sent you a pm with my email

5. mpaxman

Patreon Indie

Update

Hi all,

We are almost ready to launch the beta! Please bear with us while we squash a few more bugs.

In the mean time here's a gif of a player using a grenade when their back is up against the wall. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

6. mpaxman

Patreon Indie

Beta is GO!

Hey everybody!

Ready to fight!?

[​IMG]

We've got a beta build we're relatively happy with up on TestFlight now and we're ready to let it rip. If you've already signed up you should see an invite coming to you shortly.

We would still love to add anyone else who wants to be involved. Just send us your email you use for TestFlight and we'll hook you up!

7. mpaxman

Patreon Indie

Beta is live

Hi everybody,

Email invites for the beta have now been sent out. If you didn't see one just let us know and we'll re-send.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Woo hoo... got my invite, ready to go!

9. whitey1000

whitey1000 Member

Jul 17, 2017
    #29 whitey1000, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    The game is great from what I've played so far, good job. First bug I've found is that if a get a low battery warning after clicking ok I automatically win the game. Happened 3 or four times so not just a one off. One of my favourite moments so far was when I shot an Enemy by the water and he fell in, nice touch. Seems to be that exiting and reopening the app results in a victory too

10. kkoyes

kkoyes Member

Mar 31, 2017
    The game is really fun so far. One bug that I have come across is that I am unable to reload, or don't know how. Reason why I think it is a bug is because the bots run out of ammo too and can't shoot either. Funny seeing them opening their mouths trying to shoot and nothing coming from their guns.

11. whitey1000

whitey1000 Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Don't think you can reload

12. kkoyes

kkoyes Member

Mar 31, 2017
    The thing is that it will show you 190/300 but once you are done with the 190, you can't use the rest of the ammo.

13. karlbossler

karlbossler Active Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Tech Artist at Wizard Games
    Victoria BC
    There is no reload. The 190/300 you see for any particular gun is how much ammo you have (190) and how much ammo that gun can hold (300). If it reaches zero you have to keep looking for more ammo before you can use it again. Pistols have infinite ammo.

14. mpaxman

Patreon Indie

Thanks for the feedback so far. With regards to the ammo - there is indeed no reloading, but the pistols have infinite ammo. Scrounging for ammo is definitely a key part of the game. We're definitely interested to hear what everyone thinks though - Should there be more ammo drops? Less? Are the ammo amounts for each gun reasonable? Are there enough item drops across the maps?

Let us know your thoughts. ;)

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #35 MetaGonzo, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Well I have to say that I like what I've tried so far, even though it's only been a few matches.

Bots only; is this by design at the moment or is it a factor of there not being many people playing? It gives a good taste but I'm looking forward to some human opposition.

One thing that immediately strikes me is how zoomed in your viewpoint is. It's a bit restrictive; perhaps the level of zoom could vary as appropriate according to equipped weapon. For example; maybe pistols and shotguns retain the current view, rifles zoom out a bit and anything with a scope out even more.

Anyway; nice work so far. Looking forward to getting my teeth into it.

Edit: re. the above. I do find ammo sparse and in the little I played I frequently ran out. It seems that guns on the floor don't have ammo, is this right? I.e. I run dry on an smg, pick one up and it's also dry until I get a player stash. I'm pretty sure that's happened to me once or twice.

16. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Haha. What's the slot 4 gun; looks like an M4 with CMag and long scope?

Might want to nerf that a bit. :D

17. whitey1000

whitey1000 Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Personally I think the ammo is fine. If there was more there would be no need to scavenge for a new weapon which is most of the fun. Still not managed to throw a greanade on target, maybe selecting the grenade and tapping the screen would be worth a try.

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    On reflection (and a few more games) I tend to agree about the ammo.

19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I also think that you should be able to fall into the water of your own accord.

Maybe later when it's time to add extra features you could do a life jacket or flippers pickup that stop you drowning and allow you to swim to safety, access otherwise blocked areas on new/bigger maps*, that sort of thing. But in the meantime just kill you for being stupid.

*On that note; what's the plan map wise? It's already starting to feel small and familiar. Are there plans to (greatly) expand it or offer multiple islands?

20. karlbossler

karlbossler Active Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Tech Artist at Wizard Games
    Victoria BC
    Thanks for all the feed back so far everyone keep it coming! Sorry for the long post, trying to cover a lot of topics this morning.

These are both a result of the iphone sending out a system message which interrupts the game. We have logged it as a bug and will try and look for a solution.

Currently there are only about 25 or so people participating in the BETA so that is why you will more than likely be playing against only Bots. There will be scheduled play sessions later this week to try and get more testers playing at the same time.

How do other people feel about the initial camera zoom? Certain items do improve or restrict your vision, such as the helmets and goggles found in the game. Does there need to be more variance in how much they affect your vision?

There are many guns that can fit in the bottom slot, they are all "Rifle" class weapons. Some are better than others but do let us know if you feel certain guns are over or under powered severely.

Thanks for the feedback on ammo, keep it coming. How do people feel about the amount of other item drops, guns, armor, health packs and grenades?

Speaking of grenades; we are already testing out locally auto aiming grenades so they are thrown towards the closest enemy. We will let you know more as this develops.

Down the road we are planing to have multiple maps to create variety. A larger single map would create larger performance issues as we would want to keep the density of items and players/bots close to what is is now.

How do people feel about the density of players currently?