Universal Guns of Mercy (by Storybird)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 6, 2017.

1. storybird_jul

storybird_jul Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2017
    What the f#@¤...

Do not hesitate to communicate us the version of your OS, just in case ...

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    iPhone 6+, iOS 10.2.1

3. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Needs to have the ability to move the controls around.
    Most of the time I die because the slider is too close to the edge and I can't aim sideways to kill ground monsters in time

4. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    We have added options to customize these aspects, but this will happen in the next updates.

5. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Hi storybird_jul,

I am having so much fun playing Guns of Mercy. Amazing job on putting this game together. The artwork is fantastic and has a such a great NES retro vibe to it. So much to upgrade and unlock.

The aiming control did take a some time to get used to, but it really didn't impact the game-play for me all that much. The first few times, I did accidentally activate the armored suite when trying to shoot those walking purple creatures.

Even after 3 hours of playing last night (brightness slightly lowered) my iPod touch (6th gen, running iOS 10.3 build 14E5260b) never got hot. This is probably one of the few games in a long time that has not sucked the life out of the battery.

As Qwertz555 mentioned, I noticed the missing sound effects when I double clicked the home button on my device to quickly close the game and went to set a wakeup alarm, and when I returned to the game, I could only hear the music, there was no sound effects at all, the game still played fine, just no sound effects.

6. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you for all these compliments, it motivates us even more to improve our game.

Thank you for these details for the sound, we have improved this aspect and the bug is can be corrected, but we still have to do tests.

Apple takes a long time to publish our update (we sent them over 24 hours ago!), Hopefully they will publish it soon ...

7. calabash11

calabash11 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Cool stuff

This game is such a neat surprise! It's like Slayin', but for Space Marines. :p

Really fun shooting action, but the slider control definitely needs work. It's physically too awkward when trying to shoot monsters on the ground...it forces you to pay too much attention to getting the control to work vs. what's happening on screen.

Love the synthcore music vibe - to echo other posters, it would be great to have music shuffle randomly between levels.

8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Awesome game. Love the art style, the way the legs animate kinda reminded me of Samus from the first NES metroid-

I definitely feel this game could benefit from a variety of more power ups, maybe drones that fly with your character that add as weapon mods, i.e. Split shot, beam, homing missiles etc.... make it even more Arcady and bad ass than it already is... with everyone else I agree that the right side of the screen as a whole needs to be active to aim, I've been killed SO MANY TIMES because my thumb slips off the line. Really my only complaint....

One last thing, the Meks, it'd be rad if there was unlockable Meks just like the unlockable characters... anyhow, DAMN GOOD WORK SIR

9. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you for your feedback! The aiming system will be improved in the next update. If the game is successful, we will add a lot of new things :)

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Everyplay pleaze?

11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    For the sake of my own selfish desire to see this game fleshed out, I truly hope it succeeds, tons of fun. Knocked it outta the park! Look forward to more from you guys in the future

12. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thanks ! Now I hope that Apple will wake up and publish our update ...

13. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  14. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Very nice game with nice sountrrack added
    Pixel graphics is nice added with the great sutrack in the background
    Free , even there is in-App purchases when you die you can choose to buy
    but other then that
    nice new free game.

15. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thanks !

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I'll try this after update

17. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Oh YES, i'm a BIG fan of Turrican ( especially the 2 one Amiga ). Thanks !!

18. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    ... :(

19. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thanks ! We aree going to release the android version this month, we are testing it right now.

20. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Yeah... i know.... -_-