Universal Guns of Boom (By Game Insight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 17, 2017.

1. The Nothing

The Nothing Member

Apr 27, 2013
    What weapons are you all digging the most?

2. The Nothing

The Nothing Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I bought the "scattershot" because it was purple LOL and it seems to wreck shop

3. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I have been put in matches with one other person against four and that really sucks. Also when you join a match that already started then you miss out on some bonuses like first blood.

I love this right now but I can see it becoming a grind. I usually go on with no grenades and no health capsules as I still think that they are a rip off. You should earn them if you are on a winning side or have the top kills on your team.

I am tempted to lose some matches to stay in the lower rankings as higher ones have some people that must have dropped some serious money or cheated in some way.

All that said it's still fun.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Not saying you can't "pay to win", but I've spent over $50 in the game, about $10 of that was for cosmetic stuff. I still get my ass handed to me regularly. No matter what you buy, you still have to grind to level up in order to upgrade weapons and armor. So, in order to truly dominate, you have to play the game.

Just my take on things.

5. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I couldn't agree more!

6. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Yah, I agree. But it kinda breaks the balance of the game when one team has weapons that do 3x - 4x damage as the other. Maybe if there were matches where you had to use specific guns? That way ppl who spent 800 Gold on a premium weapon can't use the rest of us as target practice. I check the load outs of some of these players, and they got maxed out top tier weapons. They kill in 2 to 3 shots. I like the game and everything, but this approach to catering just to ppl who can afford to drop 50+ dollars on a throw away mobile game, is gonna ruin the game in the long run, like soooooo many shooters before it.

7. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Vampire needs to get nerfed and the timers on quests and chests needs to be cut at least in half. Other than that, this has become my new personal favorite FPS for iOS.

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    The sting should be nerfed, I use the hurricane which is quite good

9. KevinC120

KevinC120 Member

May 17, 2017
    Boom boom boom lol

10. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    I use Pain. Pretty high damage and range, and it compliments the over used Stinger pretty well.

11. nam009

nam009 Member

May 9, 2012
    This game is incredible.

12. SwordBytes

SwordBytes Active Member

May 17, 2013
    Starts well.

But as soon as you get to around level 12, it becomes stupidly hard to get kills, as others obviously pay for better EQ.

Grinding doesn't cut it. You have a huge disadvantage, even if you do drop small amounts of money into the game.

Shame. It's great other than that.

13. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm level 16 and find I'm usually first or second for scoring points at the end of each map. Don't think I have paid more than £5 which is what I thought the game was worth. I don't tend to pump money into a game. Who you are against is not relative to your level I think it's to do with which tier you are in in relation to your trophies, the more you have moves you up the tiers. I have 1650 which is gold league, I won't move up to diamond until I reach 2000. The fights seem pretty even so far.

I have been using the Fortuna as it's quick and does a lot of damage. I don't buy grenades or health only use the ones awarded. I do like to sneak around the maps taking out snipers and people who camp in one spot.

14. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    You come across a lot of good and more importantly very well equipped players in diamond.
    Put me in my place a bit... :/

15. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    I've had a lot of success with just investing in one great weapon, opposed to having several good weapons. At level 26, 3000+ trophies, I still only have the starter shot gun, but never use shot guns so it doesn't matter.

16. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Such a fun game, ruined with super pay to win stuff. Really makes me sad

17. WildHunt

WildHunt Member

Feb 16, 2017
    this game is awesome! my game of the year!

18. Jamesrooney27

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Well I don't feel it's too pay to win, I don't mind paying weekly couple quid there and there, as I usually buy games weekly and if I see nothing take my fancy I throw couple of quid there, you could quite easily play without paying yes there be more grinding just complete the daily quiets or just use one gun and just focus on getting the highest gun :)

19. Jamesrooney27

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    And isn't dying part of the game, I don't feel like I'm being outclassed just plan things better simple

20. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I still haven't sunk a penny into this. Armor ranked to 4* and 1* Striker does me just fine. Will probably cough up a little dough when I reach diamond league because I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed now that I've been in gold for a few days.