Universal Guns of Boom (By Game Insight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 17, 2017.

1. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    I applied to your clan.

Fun game. A little pay to win given how cash can upgrade the dmg of guns and gear can be bought that can do things like replenish health, armour, and other perks. At least I was gifted a rifle for my first level up.

I wish the auto fire wasn't a feature. I'd turn it off but that would put me at a disadvantage from those who use it.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Man, was loving this game...now I'm getting game-breaking lag every match and painful match-making time. Emailed support so hopefully a fix will be incoming.

3. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    indeed, what kind of a person came up with a name GUN OF BOOM and such lame name have gotten approval by the management and developers ? lol funny

4. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Mfi? Yes? No? Anyone?

5. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    can anyone tell me do this game support MFI controller?

6. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I dont know how can you like this game guys. There is so much better examples on appstore like bullet force. I just like a thing about this game, maps. Maps are really good but game feel to me not smooth as screens.

7. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    Smooth Gameplay, Intuitive automatic fire. The lack of MFI controller support is detrimental to the game, as it is almost necessary for any mobile FPS. Hoping to see it in a later update.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, their servers seem to have stabilized..

9. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I respectfully disagree. This game has auto-fire. It makes it very easy to control compared to other games on mobile within this genre. I prefer shooters that design the controls around not having MFI support because if I wanted to have to use a controller on a game, I would rather use a console/PC.

10. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've applied to join the touch arcade clan too - actionjackson - not sure how much time I'll put into it but at the moment I'm loving it in small bursts

11. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey folks, I created a TouchArcade clan, tag TOAR, if y'all want to join up.

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    We already have TouchArcade TARC if you want to come and join us? :)

13. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Anyone having any problems with this today? I can't get any matches - tried a few times in the last hour or so but it just keeps searching.
    I've had no issues with connection before......

14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    No problems here. Must have been a temporary glitch.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    One of the better multiplayer FPS I've played on mobile. Good fun. The game could use more game modes - capture the flag, conquest, etc

16. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah it's fine and working again for me now

17. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I couldn't agree more. They need to implement free-for-all, capture the flag, and a domination/king of the hill game mode.

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Good grief! I have a LOT of requests to join the clan.

Can anyone who has applied or intends to apply please post here with their ingame name. I don't recognise any of the names apart from GiHubb, who I've accepted.

There's 5 slots left and I want to make sure that they go to TAers only and TAers with an active interest in this thread.

If you've already sent an ingame request, when you confirm your username here you'll get priority as you've already requested.
    If you haven't requested yet, do so and post here and I'll accept in chronological order as long as the names are confirmed here.

Jeepers. Did not expect that. :D

19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Also; does anyone know what 3D Touch does? I see the option to toggle it in the settings but I don't know what it's functionality is ingame.

20. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Don't agree at all. They should keep it out, unless they provide separate mfi only servers. This is like allowing mouse and keyboard in console shooters, it becomes unbalanced as one control method is completely superior and thus unfair to anyone not using it.