Universal Gunfire Reborn (by Liwei Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, May 17, 2022.

1. SupportByFire

SupportByFire Member

May 16, 2012
    I am in the United States.

Unfortunately your instructions didn’t make sense to me. My iPads do not have or use cellular data. My Wi-Fi is on and the devices are connected to the internet. The game does attempts to update but fails and does not go to the startup menu. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. SupportByFire

SupportByFire Member

May 16, 2012
    #62 SupportByFire, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    I was just able to get the game to update and get me to the Main Menu!

Instead of connecting to my network, I connected my iPad to my iPhone’s hotspot. It updated and is now working!

However, when I disconnect from the iPhone hotspot and try to start the game it gives me the same “update failed” error again.

The game seems to require cellular data instead of just pulling its data through a Wi-Fi Internet connection.

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Uhm… You understand this is a roguelite, right?:rolleyes:

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    not really.. there is another similar game just that it’s TPS instead of FPS style call Risk of Rain 2. It does not really get old. Especially considering in this game your character does passively get stronger which means earlier runs then to be a breeze thru and will get to the good stuff soon enuf. At least imo. Probably such genre is not your cup of tea and that is fine. Nothing is perfect for everyone. But I can list numerous games that does the same thing and people still enjoy them

5. Gunfire Reborn

Gunfire Reborn Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello bro, I am glad that the game has been successfully updated on your ipad. According to your description, we speculate that there is a problem with the game and your wifi connection. The game currently needs to be connected to the network during the login and update stages. Could you please give our technical department some feedback on the feedback interface in the game, so that we can check and fix similar problems in a targeted manner and prevent it from being sent again in the future, thank you very much for your feedback, I wish you a happy game .

6. alphaonethree

alphaonethree Member

Jan 31, 2020
    Male
    Excellent game and instabought. However I just wish I could play this game offline , since I usually play it solo anyway so it's kinda pointless to be online just to play the game (Also PC version apparently allows for offline play).

zinkdogg and L.Lawliet like this.
  7. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Yes well aware, just wondering if there's a way to start in the desert zone as you get higher level.

8. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #68 Chq, May 19, 2022
    Bought the game too; playing videogames since over 30 years. Game is imho really ok, but maybe anyone can explain me, why it‘s so hyped.

Greetz Chris

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Because, as far as the non-mobile game is concerned, it's an excellent blend of rogue-lite FPS fun that offers co-op gameplay. As far as the mobile version is concerned...lol....name any premium FPS on mobile in this day and age?

macplash and squarezero like this.
  10. SupportByFire

SupportByFire Member

May 16, 2012
    I’d be glad to give any feedback that would be helpful. I took my iPad to work today, where I am on a different WiFi network. It seems to be working perfectly, without a cellular network.

What’s strange is that the game works perfectly on my iPhone 13 Pro Max on my home network. However, it doesn’t work on my home network for my iPad 12.9 4th Gen, my daughter’s iPad 11” 3rd Gen, and my son’s iPhone 11.

But, the game works on all devices on other networks, like my work Wi-Fi network and my iPhone’s hot spot.

Just very odd, but I’m so glad to get to play this. The game is so incredible!

11. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Alien Isolation.

12. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    #72 DeathProofNinjaX, May 19, 2022
    whats the iap? i cant access it. there's no option to

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Apparently it's just an initial online check when you start the game, and after that you're able to play without a connection. I also believe they are working on a solution to not have that initial online check at all so in the future it'll be playable completely offline.

alphaonethree and clapton2097 like this.
  14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Touché.

Name another one! :p

15. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just to play devils advocate, Doom

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    My understanding are characters. But I think they have not release them yet on the mobile version.

17. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    could be future dlc characters..the other characters are level locked

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I started a game on my mini 6 right before having to leave for work (do not do this :p) and was so pleasantly surprised that my save data was seamlessly transferred over. Went back and tried on my phone again and everything was saved again. Realized I was way behind in prepping for work so I had to quit, and, what do you know, you can save mid-run. How awesome!!

zinkdogg, Chq and macplash like this.
  19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I keep getting signed out of my Apple account and have to sign back in each time I open the game. Does this happen to anyone else?

20. Gunfire Reborn

Gunfire Reborn Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello friends, the game needs to be connected to the Internet during the login and update stages. During the game, it is not necessary to connect to the Internet. In the future, we will consider playing the game without connecting to the Internet. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Chq and alphaonethree like this.