Universal Gunfire Reborn (by Duoyi Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Talbs, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unrealsense

unrealsense Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Man this game is so much fun! I was a bit worried about controls but they are super customizable. I am using a hybrid auto fire + fire button on screen. Usually I can do auto fire for close to mid range and then use fire button when I want to aim further or with more precision tho to be fair the auto fire is also working fine. I need to check my controller support but as is I am definitely enjoying it a lot.

It feels like a rogue like Borderlands and it feels right at home on mobile devices. Hopefully it will get same content as version on steam and they are doing well enough to release more content and weapons, etc.

Kudos to the devs for this awesome gem they pulled.

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    @Gunfire Reborn Any plans on having the app available for preorder on iOS? Would be good to have a definite release date.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Awesome game!
    I guess the daily challenge is missing from this version right now (hasn‘t unlocked at player level 35).

4. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    May 25th for North America. It got pulled from the store for pre-order when they released it in Europe. Apple policy...

Rocksaint likes this.
  5. Gunfire Reborn

Gunfire Reborn Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello bro, thank you for your support! More game content updates will be released in the future, please keep looking forward to it!

unrealsense likes this.
  6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gotta say from my play of the game, this game is phenomenal. I believe it has translated pretty well to mobile. Controls are obviously not as accurate as mouse and keyboard but I feel they’re pretty much right up there with joystick/controller.
    Would still like to see an option of a fire button which is just fire (without aim movement included), as I mentioned earlier which hopefully enables a “claw” type layout as is common for better play of CoDm and PUBG.

Would also like to see this game allow fully offline play without the need to connect even when launching the game. For me, that requirement the way it currently is just undoes the key factor of allowing the rest of the game to be offline after launch.

So much fun. Levels/paths through the run seem to be same-ish but hopefully that is outweighed by the fun play.

7. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hi bro, Gunfire Reborn Mobile will be released stage by stage in different regions starting from Europe in April. The Asia Pacific would open in early May, and NA Serve would be available in late May.For more game related content, you can pay attention to our official website:https://gunfirem.herojoys.com/en/,thank you for your support!

Rocksaint likes this.
  8. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello brother, we will add daily challenges and more gameplay in the subsequent updates, so stay tuned!

9. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hi bro! Thank you for your message. There are many routes that are randomly opened in the game, and some hidden levels will randomly appear on the map. Go and discover them!

10. clapton2097

clapton2097 Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Would echo the comment about connecting at launch.

I refunded the game for now because stuck at Connecting.

I dip in and out of Dead Cells and Slay the Spire and there's no need to be online.

Hopefully this is reconsidered!

11. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Sorry brother for causing you trouble. You need to log in to the game after making sure that you can connect to the Android store. You can also log off and go online again to see if you can enter the game normally.

12. clapton2097

clapton2097 Member

Apr 25, 2019
    That's alright.

I'm sure I'll try the game again another time, maybe after soft launch.

But personally, I find any game connecting from the outset as very offputting. It delay startup at best (even without connection hiccups) and makes me less likely to startup the game on a whim, which personally is a very strong impulse for mobile gaming.

Hence I play games without such demands the vast majority of the time (I avoid Mario Run and other games for the same reason: I can't stand being forced to connect.)

(It was on iOS, by the way.)

Talbs likes this.
  13. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Ok bro, we will consider this mode in the future, thank you for your suggestion and look forward to you trying it again.

14. AvengerNX09

AvengerNX09 Member

Apr 14, 2022
    @Gunfire Reborn: Is there any update regarding fixing controller support?

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Gunfire Reborn any plans on making guns smaller? With 2 launchers equipped it’s getting pretty cramped and there’s not much space left to actually see anything. Reducing sizes of weapons would be highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

AltsKev likes this.
  16. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello bro, our technical department has started to solve the problem of controller adaptation, but it will take some time due to the heavy workload. We will fix this problem in the later update. Thank you for your anti-peep and support!

17. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello, bro, what is the model of your equipment?

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Doesn’t matter really. In general, all those weapons could use some downsizing. But heavy weapons seems to be the worst, for example Dragon bone, shrieker etc.

19. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Ok bro, thank you for your understanding. Can you provide the model of the device you play the game on? We will report this issue to the technical department for discussion.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sure. It's iPad mini 6th gen 2021. But I'm certain this issue is not of a technical nature and definitely not specific to a single device. It'd be more like QoL improvement. Thanks in advance for taking a look at it.