Universal Gunfire Reborn (by Duoyi Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Talbs, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    waouuu i really love this ! very polished game with roguelike element and online coop !

i recommand this game seriously !

zinkdogg and Ijipop like this.
  2. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Suddenly not available in the Philippines… :(
    I preordered! :(

will it be coming back to our country’s ios marketplace soon?

3. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Here is the schedule from their faq.

Q: When will the mobile game be released?

A: Gunfire Reborn Mobile will be released stage by stage in different regions starting from Europe in April. The Asia Pacific would open in early May, and NA Serve would be available in late May. More details will be released later, please stay tuned!

Most of the QA are here, Gunfire Reborn FAQ. https://gunfirem.herojoys.com/en/news/news_517.shtm#content

The developers also said because of Apple’s rules, once a game is released in a region all others are regional locked and hidden.

4. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    A complete change of strategy. From coming out everywhere all at once (this week) to staggering releases over the next couple of months.

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Are you planning to create a proper thread for this game or are you going to wait for the global launch?

Anyway, I have no idea what’s this game about, but I love the trailer so I bought it. I’m clueless what I’m supposed to be doing there, so be patient with me. I recorded a video of my pretty much first attempt. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

So far I love what I see. It runs buttery smooth, touch controls are very responsive and adjustable. There are multiple firing modes (in the beginning of the video there’s a sneak peek into the settings). Graphics and overall visual style are gorgeous - it’s very artsy and stylish. Animations are top notch. Gameplay-wise I have no idea yet, but firing feels fantastic. It has some weight to it, the bullets hitting target feels natural if you know what I mean. Anyway, as I said, I’m clueless at this point so I’m only about to discover what’s this game all about. But it has to wait until tomorrow as I’m about to hit the bed.;)

Gunfire Reborn and Talbs like this.
  6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    All of our appinfo and other backend stuff is based off the US App Store so generally I won't make a thread for a game in the proper iOS Games section until it's at least available in the US. So for now people in other regions can talk about this one here and then when it hits US next month we can make a thread in the other forum. Once we do that I'll provide a link to this thread as well in case people want to go back and read these early impressions too.

houseofg likes this.
  7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Happy for those that got it now! Quite peeved they’ve basically delayed my region another few weeks on this the week they were supposed to release it.

but thanks @macplash for the video, was really waiting to see some gameplay.

sharfaust likes this.
  8. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Wonder if any blocker of buying it from my euro account and playing it from APAC…?

9. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I was expecting this one.
    I was waiting for Apr 15th.
    Now the release date is elongated...
    Now I'm super disappointed.I can't understand why this company does such a silly thing

Skall and sharfaust like this.
  10. Gunfire Reborn

Gunfire Reborn Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    #30 Gunfire Reborn, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Thanks for your support! We will bring the best gaming experience to our players! More information on the game, please pay attention to our website: https://gunfirem.herojoys.com/en/

11. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    #31 Gunfire Reborn, Apr 13, 2022

naghihimutuc likes this.
  12. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    #32 Gunfire Reborn, Apr 13, 2022
    Dear players, we apologize for the trouble caused to you. The game will be online soon, please look forward to it

13. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male

14. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Nice! Thanks for clarifying! Bummed that it’s a little later than I thought, but at least it’s coming! :)

15. rag66628

rag66628 Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Bought the game yesterday. Installed it on both, my iPhone and my iPad.

The game currently does not support the Razer Kishi gamepad (though it detects a controller is connected)

On the iPad the game recognised the DS4 after a couple of tries though it only works in-game. The first pause has to be tapped on screen. Otherwise a nice game so far.

zinkdogg likes this.
  16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought this. Just done the tutorial. So far so very good. Controls are good. Text is a bit small on the inventory screen but plays really well

17. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Yes! Let's look forward to it!

18. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. For now, only PlayStation or Xbox controllers are supported, we'll add support for other controllers(like Razer Kishi) in coming updates, please stay tuned!

19. Gunfire Reborn

Apr 13, 2022
    Male
    Thank you for your support and affirmation, we will continue to optimize and update the game in the follow-up, and strive to give you a better game experience!

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Bought it since I am a sucker for this kind of a genre and needed something to play on my phone besides Tiny Tina on console.
    Now I‘ve read that this is a dumbed down version of the original? Can anyone confirm this? Maybe the dev is able to speak up to it since he‘s actually on this forum. I only had time to play for half an hour as of now but so far it‘s as good as it looks in the trailer. Controls are top notch and there is absolutely nothing which was left out in terms of customization. Really, I never saw a game with this many options to personalize the control style, it’s almost overwhelming. Running it on an iPhone XS on highest settings and 60fps. Runs super smooth and without heating up my phone too much. The low poly graphics style helps in this regard I guess, while it is still a great looking game overall.
    Will definitely spent some more time on it later today.