Universal Gunbrick (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished the game, great last boss.

Hope there will be more level packs in the future.

I even want to pay for them.

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Nitrome: I love everything you've released for iOS so far. Do you have more games in the pipeline to be ported?

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    According to their blog, their next game will be out early 2015.

[​IMG]

4. GnomeSlice

GnomeSlice New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I have the exact same problem, and I've reinstalled it probably a dozen times. As a longtime fan of Nitrome's flash games (and mobile) I'm happy to wait for a fix, which I hope does eventually come since it seems like very few people are having this issue.

5. makhot

makhot Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I agree with previous poster, this game is a blast.

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I've been having the same problem. I have not reinstalled, yet, but I thought it was related to my iPad mini 1 being jailbroken, because I went into safe mode, and it allowed me to finish the level(s). I'm now stuck on level 1-10 (in safe mode), and can't end the level. Frustrating.
    I may have to back it up, reinstall, restore the data, and try again.

Fantastic game, though.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    +10

I really need a content update, I need new puzzles :(

8. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    So from the TA review I get that there is no leaderboard at all, is that correct? Would be too bad, there is potential here for interesting competition.

From the TA review:
    I feel like Gunbrick is a bit lacking. There's the 36 levels, and they prove to be challenging enough to beat, sure. But completing them is really all you can do. Why not have leaderboards for completing a level as quickly as possible, or even in as few moves as possible, some way to measure that? How about noting if I beat a level without dying? I know the game tracks it, there's achievements for doing so in each world, but I'd like it to be denoted on a per-level basis as well. I've never really card all that much about achievements, especially on Game Center, so with these serving as the only replay value, with no competition against friends at all, it means that there's not much reason to come back once the game is done.

9. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I just noticed this is the same dev as Icebreaker, that also didn't have leaderboards. Apparently they don't like leaderboards?

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    They didn't do leaderboards, but the experience is too grand for that to stop me from buying. I hate puzzle games, but this is just..... Amazing

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I like the way Nitrome does things. Just complete the damn level and you're set. I hate when I see something that says I didn't meet a move par or a par time, or get 3 stars or something.

I like just finishing the level and feeling the accomplishment

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    $0.99...

got it!!!

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I agree, sometimes it's nice not having to deal with that.
    This game is awesome btw.

14. loptr

loptr Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Information Architect
    Singapore
    #74 loptr, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Bought but I'm experiencing the first level bug as well. I land on the metal plate but it freezes and doesn't end the level. I can move away again, but every time I return to the plate, it freezes.

On iPhone 6 Plus. I uninstalled, restarted the phone, and reinstalled. Still glitched. :(

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I just bought this and I sm playing on a 6 plus. I haven't ran into a glitch yet.

16. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    My glitchy problems seems to be gon on my iPad air 2. I was also able to backup the app with imazing and restore it to my mini to skip the glitched level. Does NOT seem to be related to the jailbreak on both devices.
    Fun game !

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #77 Matt33, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    This is a really fun puzzler. Trying to complete packs without dying is providing quite a bit of replay value. However, the GC syncing/stability needs to be improved. I opened the app and GC was working, and by the time I finished pack 2 without dying, it had stopped working and the achievement didn't register, and my wifi was fine the whole time. I've also had some lag and crashes on my ipod 5 ios 7 after playing the game straight too long. It will stutter mid-movement, causing a swipe to register as a tap which can mess me up. Force-restarting the app every so often seems to alleviate these issues. With some stability improvements, I can get back to playing this, as that achievement not registering has me discouraged to try such a daunting task again.

18. Ayigto

Ayigto Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Any chance of an expansion pack in the near future?

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I love this game so much! Carters review is criminal. This is on my top 10 list of GOTY contenders.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So Gunbrick Reloaded is out on Switch and PC today. Any chance we get an update of this game? Update for iPhone X at least?