Universal Gun Rounds (by Tobin Huitt)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Did you intentionally remove the health bonus on hard?

2. blabberf

blabberf Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Hey thanks for the video, that's super cool! I'm glad that you're having such a good time with my game!

Actually yes, I didn't even realize there was a bonus, that was leftover from some old testing stuff. Although, if people are finding it too brutal without a health bonus, I could always add it back in!

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I am fine without the health bonus, if you can remove boss attacks from common enemies.

It’s just not fun.

4. Donkeygrave

Donkeygrave Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Wait till you see the boss on hard...

sebgo and Jstorm like this.
  5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

First of all, thank you for the “easy” mode. I also finished the game in one try but I think it will be a good way to learn the enemy attacks as well as offering some lesser skilled players a more reasonable challenge. Do your stats reflect progression on easy mode? It’s still showing “furthest level” as 3-4.

The farthest I’ve made it on normal is 3-4. I’ll definitely be playing a few more rounds on easy until I’ve got the enemy attacks down better.

You just made a wonderful mobile game that much better.

64620531-CA98-4751-B90D-BA2C47058808.png

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I guess you’ve beaten the hard mode? I can’t get past 3-4.

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

For those onlookers that may be slow on the BUY trigger, check out Jared’s Game of the Week article. I feel like I should buy it again now. :p

sebgo likes this.
  8. Donkeygrave

Feb 28, 2013
    No, no. Just made it to the boss. I still die on 1-1 on some runs lol. Beating the boss is gonna take some more attempts. Hopefully it won’t take 3 years.

sebgo and Jstorm like this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #89 Jstorm, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    I feel like that the hard mode is a bit too heavily affected by the luck. The moment I get a minigat as the starting weapon, I am already pressing the main menu button.

10. Donkeygrave

Feb 28, 2013
    At this point it’s just get good. Learn the attacks and try to block everything. The new attacks are the curveballs and are there to catch you off guard. I’m not great at it yet but I think it’s possible.

blabberf and sebgo like this.
  11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’ve just bought it, started playing - thoroughly enjoying it but I completed it with ease on the first go, because I didn’t realised I’d selected the easy option. My fault, I hadn’t read a great deal about the game and I just clicked on the one gun thinking that was single player....

But I closed the game and went back in, and all my stats are showing up as n/a apart from my total plays which just shows 1.

sebgo likes this.
  12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

My guess is Easy mode stats don't get saved since, it seems, everyone is able to beat the game in that difficulty. Think of Easy mode as some kind of "trainer", something to get used to enemy attacks/patterns, so that you know what you'll be dealing with in Normal mode.

Unless the game had a separate stats registry for each mode, I wouldn't like to have them say I "beat the game", when I clearly can't even get past the boss in Normal difficulty (I can barely make it to the boss haha).

I find it more appropriate the way it is currently, keeping track of Normal mode only. I don't know how it manages stats when Hard mode is unlocked... shed some light on this matter, please, @Jstorm ?

Ps: I still like this game a lot. GotW is completely deserved.

13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #93 Jstorm, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Some minor bugs J noticed.

+1 ammo item actually gives +2.
    bow sometimes hits twice

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I can’t tell right now since I never checked my stats. I will let you know if hard mode increases the stat.

I played the easy mode a bit, and I think it’s a nice way to introduce the flow of the game, without crushing a player’s motivation.

15. blabberf

blabberf Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2020
    You two are right, "easy mode" stats don't get saved! Normal and hard mode both save your stats to the same place, since with the way that the save file works, I couldn't make the game distinguish between the two without deleting peoples' current stats and I figured people would rather have the stats share a pool than have their stats get deleted by the update:rolleyes:

Woops! The first one is a bug, the second one isn't. You can potentially hit all enemies twice with any of the piercing projectiles, it just depends on how they're currently moving, how fast the projectile is, etc. etc.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    By the way are you planning to release a change log?

So far I noticed the sniper rifle had its projectile speed increased, and the missile had its explosion damage increased.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ah that’s fine! Thanks for letting me know, really liking the game it’s not normally my cup of tea but I’m thoroughly enjoying it

blabberf likes this.
  18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    @Donkeygrave Can you tell me the timing to block the laser attack after the magic circle? I still haven’t figured out the timing and don’t get much chance to practice.

19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    +2 ammo gave me 3.

I guess this is a common bug with +ammo items.

20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Is it possible to put the ammo required to fire on the weapon icon? With so many weapons, it’s somewhat hard to remember all of them.