Universal Gun Rounds (by Tobin Huitt)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Aug 1, 2020.

1. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#61 sebgo, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    I also suggested some kind of shot/turns tracker. So a "Fewest turns" leaderboard could also be a thing (There's a chance you're lucky enough to wipe 4-5/all enemies with a single attack).

A "Quickest Time" leaderboard is also great and the stats have already been taken into account. You know, maybe @Jstorm beat normal mode in a 59:59:99 run, waiting for the perfect shot each turn! (I'm just exaggerating).

All of these ideas could be used for Gun Rounds' sequel instead, tho. Maybe we're asking the dev a lot of stuff to be implemented on OG GR and it's been only three days since release. :p

2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there's some GameCenter documentation that you could use for implementing leaderboards. It's not like you have to, tho. Most of us here agree it's already great and we're just spewing a bunch of ideas (and ideals).

And about quick restart, I'd go with the current mode/difficulty.

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #63 Jstorm, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    @sebgo I have failed to beat the hard mode. I was not strong enough to withstand the dark power of blabberf.

I am counting on you to beat the hard mode... I am certain you will succeed where I have failed. You are my hope, A New Hope...

sebgo likes this.
  4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#64 sebgo, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Made it to the boss last night and it was AWESOME! I failed miserably, tho. I was wiped from existence in a single turn. How many attempts did you fail before defeating it in normal mode? I mean, how many times did you face him/her/it?

Also:
    8F811A8D-A04B-4D1C-BFE4-4F150AC52AFF.jpeg

↑ Coincidence? The same week... There are superior powers scheming our fates!

Jstorm likes this.
  5. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    im enjoy roguelikes and skill games, recently i discovered card roguelikes style games, so gun rounds is a no brain for me.

Have you considered implementing a end-turn button?

6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Hitting the reload button should do this... of course, at the expense of reducing your block area.

metalcasket likes this.
  7. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    yes, this is the diference and save bullets for the next turn, in some situations could be usefull

Jstorm likes this.
  8. blabberf

blabberf Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Hey thanks for playing! I did consider it and in fact in early versions of the game there WAS a skip turn button, but it made ammo management super trivial so I ended up removing it.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m enjoying this but man it seems like I can never time it right to block.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I’ve beaten the boss the first time I fought it.

You don’t need to destroy all the parts

sebgo likes this.
  11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    It’s like a rhythm game. Majority of the attacks can be blocked by paying attention to the sound. There are some attacks that the rule above don’t apply though.

12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Thought so; I really tried to focus.
    (ಥ﹏ಥ)

13. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Alright I might have lied earlier when I said I submitted the easy mode update. I ended up cancelling it so I could add a few more features and change a few things, BUT now it is officially waiting review! With how fast Apple has been reviewing my stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done some time tomorrow (let's hope!). Anyway, along with easy mode and quick restart, I made a few more minor changes and bug fixes that should improve the overall experience. I hope ya'll enjoy them!

sebgo, Jstorm, Lull4by and 2 others like this.
  14. ilsilvano

ilsilvano Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Hooray, I completed the game (normal mode) just in time before it gets updated!
    It took me 72 tries, but it was fun each of the 72.
    I tried the HARD mode once, but that's hell for me - I pass. :-D

Thank you again for this great little game. People keeps saying it reminds them of Downwell (mostly because of the visual style and rogue aspects), but to me it's a little like Punch Out, where you have to understand and remember the way each enemy attacks.

I hope Gun Rounds has the success it deserves, so you can give us more little gems with such a great game design.

sebgo and blabberf like this.
  15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Those who completed the normal difficulty are not allowed to ditch the hard mode. It’s against the law.

sebgo likes this.
  16. ilsilvano

ilsilvano Member

Nov 26, 2015
    But according to how good I am at the game, it will take me approximately 72,000 more tries to complete hard mode. Since I die every two minutes in hard mode, this will take 144.000 minutes, so 2400 hours.
    I can only play 2 hours top each day due to work, sleep, and life in general, so this will take 1200 days.

So, see you again in 2023.

sebgo, blabberf and Jstorm like this.
  17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Promise!
    I will be waiting for you under the legendary tree.

sebgo likes this.
  18. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad that you had a good time playing normal mode:) But I believe in you, see you in 3 years when you beat hard mode!

19. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#79 sebgo, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Why are people beating normal mode?
    (╯‵□′)╯~ ~~┻━┻

Anyway, the update is live for me (I can't believe it's just a 270 KB change, that's amazing). I'll beat Easy mode first. :D

Quick Restart button, yay!

Edit: Just beat Easy Mode on my first attempt. It's soooo slooooow. Fun, nonetheless!

blabberf likes this.
  20. idislikejordan

idislikejordan Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018

Absolutely have fallen in love with this game. Such a perfect concept that works perfectly on mobile. Seriously, it's taken over most of my breaks at work and lounge time.