Universal Gun Bros 2 (Universal) by Glu Games Inc. [Out Worldwide]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hen14

Hen14 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Poland
    #1 Hen14, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    Gun Bros 2
    By Glu Games Inc.​

HE BROTHERHOOD IS BACK!
    Invite your bros to join your tour of duty with an improved Brotherhood system. Share the fun! Share the love! Share the destruction!

ALL NEW GUNS!
    Choose from a broad array of weapons, from pistols to rocket launchers. Melt faces with new and improved laser weapons, or spray and pray with an assortment of shotguns. With this many new enemies you’ll have plenty of targets. And with the new physics engine you can enjoy the carnage with explosive realism.

NOW INCLUDING VEHICLES!
    No tour of a hostile alien planet would be complete without a vehicle to mow down the locals. Hop into the Honey Badger vehicle and do some donuts on your enemy’s face. Comes standard with missile launchers and inertial accelerator. Safety belts not included in standard models.

MODIFY YOUR GUNS!
    What’s better than an awesome gun? How about a modified awesome gun! Buy Mods that improve your gun’s performance. From Mini Nukes to Singularity Mines, the new attachment store will turn that peashooter into a predator. You’ll be putting guns on your guns!

FREE ARMOR!
    Every mission contains armor, but it’s up to you to find it and grab it. Increase your Defense and damage with bold new styles conceived by the galaxy’s top fashion designers and military experts, many of whom are the same person.

TRAVEL TO EXOTIC LOCATIONS!
    Explore the bottomless Xplodium mines or invade hidden T.O.O.L. refineries. Launch from jump pads and dodge missiles from flying enemies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Only in Canada?
    Heeh.

3. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes. Guessing its like a beta testing stage at the moment. Sure it will be worldwide soon.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    It looks like more of the same, the art is improved a little but really?

This will be reskinned into a flying and farming game at some point too, and this is from someone who loved the first gun bros.

5. jdigitL

jdigitL Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    sweet love this game and the $100 gun and armor iaps'

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This one seems way better - no endless repetitive missions over and over. 3d levels, with ramps and jumps, etc. Cool creatures to fight. And the game doesn't seem like just a package for sleezy pictures, like some of their other games like this. I got bored with the older ones like this - but this one seems to offer new gameplay aspects, including excellent graphics and effects.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I stopped buying Glu games a looooong time ago..

8. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

Better than 1st Gun Bros

Gun Bros 2 better than the first one. You can now move along platforms. The guns are better. Menu is polished. Improvement overall :D

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    its not 'buying' when they are 'free'

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Glue games are NEVER free! IAP city here we come woooo woooo!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I never see the point of posts like this. If you said why then it could be helpful for others to decide whether to pick the game up or not.

12. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I consider Glu games a marathon rather than a sprint. I played GB about 10-15 minutes every day or so for months, never paid a dime, downloaded a lot commercials and was able to get maxed out gear.

Glu games are "hamster wheels." Spending money only shortens the length of time you spend on it.

GB2 will be a day one download for me. I may for once put a few dollars in a bundle to say thanks for the two games.

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Same, I hit their games up and see what I can do, enjoy it for a bit, score a few achievements, then move on. I usually give them a 99cent iap purchase, for the time I was playing. Nothing more though.

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah.. I enjoy this one especially the "rides" So far ive seen only the missile tank, but I assume there will be other vehicles to use.

Also, im loving the variety in the weapons properties, but unfortunately, one always deals the most damage. Id prefer it if there were different weapon classes, but are balanced somewhat. Most newer weapons are unlocked as you play through the game.

Graphics are good, and they are an improvement to the first style, IMO. Also, you cant buy armors any more... Which comes to my next favorite thing in this game... LOOTS. Yup. loots come in form of armors, xp and coins. I havent seen weapons as loot yet, and i dont think they will be. But im still liking this new loot system a lot.

I hope this ends up being balanced in terms of grinding vs IAP. Cant wait til v1.x comes out.

16. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Worried on the lack of news the past 3 months. Enough new (Loot!) that I've been looking forward to this. I like the theme here better than Minigore (which is still a great series).

I'm still waiting on this and Heroes of Might & Magic.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Exactly ! If you dont like Glu games then stay away from Glu threads, i hate wrestling so i dont post in threads about wrestling games.

Had a quick look at the video, i do love games like this but cant stand 'waves', if it was a mission, eg point a to point b i would love this but just waves and waves over and over hmmm, not sure. I'll give it a go as it'll be free but would love this to be mission based than wave based.

Over the years i LOVE Commando/Ikari Warriors/Mercs/Chaos Engine style games, just not keen on waves.

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    People like you are screwing up the gaming scene for those of us who'd like fully premium games, not some freemium crap.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So you never play freemium games ? You listed Heroes Call as one of your freemium games of the year ?!?

To be fair people like him arent screwing up the gaming scene, people who play freemium games and then buy lots of IAP's are the ones doing that as more and more companies will release freemium games hoping those users keep buying stuff

20. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    To date, I have only paid one time for any game after trying it free ($3.99 unlock on Triple Town). No IAPs.

I only want to pay if it improves gameplay. I'm not going to pay to shift numbers and color swap my avatar.