Universal Gumballs & Dungeons (By Qcplay Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 23, 2016.

1. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    That's how I felt too. But if you check out the video a few posts prior you'll notice gameplay looks more similar to Dungelot. Guess we just have to get past the beginning.

2. Jacky lv

Jacky lv Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Hello everybody! This is Jacky from G&D devs

Hi guys,

This is Jacky who is one member of the devs of this game. Thanks for you guys' supports.
    Thanks to @aconfusedkender, I know we have a thread on this GREAT website.
    We have been developing this game for 3 years, we put tons of hidden events and characters into the game. You guys can read our story from the letter in game. Hope you love it and have fun. It will be our honor. Thanks so much.
    If there is any thing I can do for you, please feel free to let me know. I'll try my best to reply everyone ASAP.

Jacky from G & D.

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yay! I got the devs to come join our TA community! He's been super awesome to me.

4. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Seems developer analysed Dungelot cons and made much more greater game with lots of things to discover,

If they update things continiously ( and if we support them continiously ) this story would end well...

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. If I had any criticism I'd say that the amount of things to do initially is a bit overwhelming. There's a lot of upgrading to do, collecting relics and the like and I don't think it's particularly well explained. Get past this though and it's very enjoyable.

There is however an energy system and no iap to turn off......

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    The constant server connection requirement is kind of a pain.
    Not sure why it's required in the dungeons and can't just reconnect in between or something

7. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    #27 maxbrickem, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Awesome game so far. I'm a big Dungelot fan and things brings even more goodness to the table. Everyone already mentioned great things, but I want to point out that they included item sets w set bonuses. Pretty sweet
    Nice one Devs! will support for sure

I wish you could keep and hoard gear you find throughout the dungeons though. Is there any permanent gear?

8. clarknova9

clarknova9 Member

Jun 11, 2015
    I really wish I could play this offline.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah I wondered the same thing about permanent gear - though I guess you are upgrading your character by combining food.

10. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    It looks like there is an energy timer in this is that correct? If so is there a way to remove it?

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yes it is true. So far i have not seen something intrusive though. Of course i have played a couple of hours so we'll see later on...

12. yoshihunter

yoshihunter Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Long time lurker first time poster purely to show my love for this game. I have been playing this game for months and months. It is awesome. The premium currency comes at a good rate and as you progress the timer system becomes a non issue.
    When you get a bit stronger and collect a few more gumballs a dungeon run can easily last 45-hour by which time you will of regained your energy ready to run again.
    Every level has extra things to do so check out the quest log for each one.
    Also been some great events over the time I have been playing.
    It is worth going to their Facebook page too as the community there is pretty active (just read the info before asking questions or you will probably get flamed).
    If you like Dungealot and pop culture this is for you.
    The late game space exploration is a nice touch as well.
    Happy to answer questions about the game.

13. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Finally gets the game his earned glory #

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So there are relic pieces you get from dungeoning and so on. These relics you can make and use in dungeon runs over and over. They can also be enhanced for more rewards. From what I've seen there are 124 different gumballs to collect. Later in the game you get the option to "soul-link" your gumballs for super runs. You even get the ability to bring 2 in dungeons with you later on. You can unlock an airship (which I did today).

This game has nods to all sorts of things. Wirt's leg from Diablo, the Wizard of Oz, DragonBall Z, Zorro, Alien vs Predator...that's just the icing on the cake. There is a ton of goodies in this game.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So I got a sweet pair of boots I think 4 star but you dont get to keep them after clearing dungeon?

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    45 hours a single dungeon? How many floors are there? 2000?

17. Jacky lv

Dec 13, 2016
    we have done something to improve the connect things, it will be steadier and a bit faster. It will work in the future version.

18. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Sweet, thanks for the reply!

19. yoshihunter

yoshihunter Member

Dec 13, 2016
    45mins-1 hour.
    Dungeons have no limit as far as I know but other than enemies getting harder no new content per dungeon after level 100. It will take new players a long time before they get even close to that though.
    There is so much going on in this game I am happy it has arrived on touch arcade so others can enjoy it.

20. Jacky lv

Dec 13, 2016
    as I know, there is no permanent gear. But you can feed and promote your gumballs, their talents and skills are permanent. :p