iPad Guitar Rock Tour-User experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D.Sync, Dec 25, 2008.

1. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I plan to getting it during Christmas Sale ($5.99 instead of $7.99) but I do have some problem. I'm using non-jailbroken iPod Touch 32GB 2nd generation.

1. Will the game crashes? Often?
    2. I'm not really a fan of rock band and I hardly have any rock albums in my music library. So will I regret for buying it considering many songs are unknown to me?
    3. Is the game play like beatMania / DJMax Portable whereby each note you tap will emit a certain tune?

I've tried Tap Tap Revenge and I really like it except the slightly lagging of the game (when changing scene).

2. Whitecloak

Whitecloak Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    1) The game is stable and has never crashed on me.

2) Every song is well known and even if you are not familiar with rock/alternative music, it should all be very listenable.

3) Gameplay is like this: The song/music is playing, you tap the notes as they comes down the board towards you in time to the music, you'll know when you missed, because the music dies down, or you'll hear a sour note play.

In my opinion, Tap Tap Dance is the BEST music game on the app store and Guitar Rock Hero is inferior in execution and gameplay. I slightly regret the full $8 I paid for GRT, whilst I've been playing the hell outta TTD.

3. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    I don't think it's worth $5. It crashed a lot on me (I had it when it first came out). I just didn't really like it very much. TapTap is better.

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Unfortunately all the songs that listen in TTD are not familiar to me. And I heard that it doesn't offer player to download extra songs.

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    So I never should bought it? When will the price last BTW?

6. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    I meant TTR. I haven't played TTD cuz the songs looked gay.

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I would hold off. The price doesn't look like its about to change, as there is no sale tag or label on the game, so its whichever. I personally don't have Guitar Rock Tour, but love Tap Tap Dance, and the songs are great. Tap Tap Dance is supposed to have a huge update in the new year, bringing some sort of surprise, which they won't give me anymore info. on. I like Tap Tap Dance, and I do think that they will add downloads, but Tap Tap Revenge only lags when going back to the menu, but never during gameplay, so I don't see how lag is an issue.

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I never played such kind of game before and Guitar Rock Tour was a nice surprise.

I like it a lot.

It's very stable (no crash so far) and the story mode is nice.

Some notes you have to hold more than others which makes the game very interesting.

The crowd can enjoy or not your performance making it fun to play.

The music set is well balanced for what the game is all about.

Just remember to use your headphones to enjoy everything the game has to offer.

9. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    i like guitar rock tour alot better than ttr, mostly because the songs are more well known to me. However I really wish they would add more songs to GRT because the game felt really short to me.

I've never had a problem with the game crashing, it does take awhile to load though

Plus, on GRT, you have the option of playing drums as well.

10. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It's still in dire need of an update to fix the lag and general battery consumption issues

11. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    So that's the current issue? Do you think the price will remained at $5.99 until next year?

12. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #12 istopmotion, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    1. Are you kidding me? 2G is the fastest of 'em all. You shouldn't have any problems with it crashing. When it first came out (I was possibly the first to buy/know about the game right when it hit the app store), there was a problem that it crashed very frequently but Gameloft removed it from the app store to fix this and they put it back up a few weeks ago. It doesn't even lag for me! I have the same iPod as you, by the way.

2. Well, what type of music are you into? I love rock but I was not familiar with about 75% of the songs on the game. I still love it and I've grown to love some of the songs (I mainly bought it because of Rock You Like a Hurricane and Beat It). The guitar is fun and the solos are very entertaining to play, but the drums are fun too! (They make the drums louder when you're playing them, so it sounds like you're really playing them).

3. I've never heard of those games(?), but yes, every time you hit a note, it makes a sound. If you miss a note, I think it makes a sort of weird off key note sound... Sorry, I don't know how to describe it :p

Although I don't play the game often, it is very fun and I'd definitely recommend it. If you liked Guitar Hero or Rock band, you'll love this since it's so convenient to play on your iPod!

PS I can assure you there will be no problems with lag since you are playing on a 2G. They have the highest processing power out of all iPods and iPhones. A certain developer said they had noticed that the 2G was "noticeably faster" than the others.

I hope this helps. The game an is excellent choice. :)

[Edit] After seeing the another post, I'm going to respond to it. Yes, the game can possibly lag for other iTouches and iPhones. If there is any lag, just try resetting your iPod. Also, yes it does take up quite a bit of battery life, but not as much as most large games. If you really want, just play this with the power cord to save the battery. That's what I do whenever I'm playing games like BIA, HoS or other battery sucking games. :p

13. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Wow that's a pretty useful comment out there. I've never own any other iPod device and iTouch would be my first one. So I didn't know much about the processing power and so.

I think I will get it anytime from now.

14. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yes, I'm glad that helped. :)

15. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Just finished playing a couple of song and I'm totally amazed! The graphic is beautiful and the game play is smooth. The notes are well synchronized with the songs and I'm really glad I make the purchase for such a great price! :D

16. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    If Tap Tap Revolution implements something like the Guitar Rock or Guitar Hero way of your taps actually meaning something and when you miss you lose the lyrics or part of the instruments, it might make me feel like I am actually doing something. I prefer that it feels like I am playing the song with Guitar Rock rather then just randomly tapping on the screen.

Now this may be something they fixed in the paid versions of the Tap Tap games but since I do not own those, I cannot say for certain.

17. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I agree with you. So far Tap Tap games still haven't implement such feature I guess. That may seems true even for Tap Tap Dance.