Universal Guitar Hero® Live (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    So does nobody that owns the game check this thread? I really don't want to spend the £10 if I can just play the same game after buying the bundle; I just specifically want to know if I'd lose access to the game by not attaching the controller.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    You do not need the guitar controller to buy it and personally for the mobile version the touch is better. Console the guitar controller works better but that's my opinion.

3. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I jumped right in and bought for $50 at the start, and I didn't regret it as I play this more than any other game. I then watched the price drop to $10, but I still think I had gotten my $40 extra in playing time, so it never bothered me. Now you can get the game and guitar for what I paid, and I'm feeling just a little hosed. I'd still play touch on my iPhone, but I'd like the guitar for my AppleTV. Oh well, I'll wait another month and they'll sell the guitar for $10 too.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I don't feel burned by any other iOS purchases. It's just the 40 dollar sale, coupled with the online always requirement and the absolute garbage set-list (plus not being able to touch Live thanks to the GC bug)...worst purchase I think I've ever done and I didn't hesitate a moment deleting it.

5. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Actually, it's worked great for me (but I have had some Gamecenter issues with all my games), and I like the set list. I play GHTV daily. They supposedly fixed Gamecenter with 9.2, right after I did a full restore to fix mine. I've only had the GC bug once since, and I was able to reboot, log out, reboot, log back in, and the problem has stayed away for weeks now.

6. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    This game is a must-buy in your iPad/iPhone. Really really fun. It deserve what you pay. The servers are still running. I just bought the guitar controller for iOS so I will keep playing the game.