Universal Guitar Hero® Live (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Today the tv part is supposed to be free for the weekend does anyone know what time US Eastern that it starts haven't seen it up yet.
    This will go a long way in helping me decide whether to buy it or not so I'm glad they are doing that.

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    #102 F34R, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    I caved and tried it, but ended up right where I was after reading your impressions. I ended up just getting my email for refund approval.

3. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Since the update, the double notes are actually playable. I still miss about 1 out it 10 doubles, but it's a lot better than the 50/50 before.

4. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I think that was a false rumor. I haven't been able to access the free GHTV tracks all weekend.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welp, that's some fantastic description for the latest update. :p Hey, at least it's delta.

6. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I just saw it, and came here hoping to find out what the update was about lol.

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I love this game, and will never use the guitar. I tried out the console/Ps4 demo at Target but wasn't impressed. Happy I stuck to the IOS version.

8. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I'm not going crazy, there is something wrong with the touch interface on double notes. I just played Epic by Faith No More and that song has a lot of long held notes. I hold the double notes and during the hold I get the red flash and the twang of a missed note when I NEVER MOVED. If they could just fix that one frustrating bug, this game would be perfect.

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Need a quick answer on this one since there's a time limited sale on my country on the iOS guitar controller.
    Can anyone confirm that you can't win any tokens on GHTV and that there's no way to get any other than paying via iAPs?

Thanks guys!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not a quick reply (sorry, wasn't around)...but yeah, GHTV on the iOS version is entirely IAP-based unless you wanna play the 2 live channels.

11. killercow

Thanks! That sucks, I'll get it on another platform then. It could have been the best way to play it and they had to be greedy...

12. killercow

Quite funny when you think about it but it's finally on par with the other versions (Thanks for the info Metalcasket):

What's New in Version 2.0.0

· New GHTV progression system that allows you to rank up and unlock additional upgrades
    · The GHTV multiplayer totem allows you to compete in real time with other players
    · Access to the GHTV song catalogue “On Demand” using Plays
    · Earn coins to spend on Hero Powers, Plays and Guitar Upgrades to get new high scores
    · Purchase Hero Cash to quickly get more Plays and hammer out those tricky guitar solos
    · Access individual song goals to master your favorite tracks

13. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    I just updated the game. I loved the new update!!!
    BUT I can't play On Demand songs. It does not load and then I get a server error. Who else?

14. neku233

neku233 Active Member

Jan 23, 2014
    It says the game is 9.99 right now

15. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Restore Purchases isn't working on my iPad Pro??

Bought it on my 6S Plus (at the current sale price).

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fantastic update, one warning though. She's still guzzling bandwidth if using cellular for online play. 200+mb in about 30 minutes of play.

17. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I plan to get the bundle for this whilst it's cheap in the UK from GAME, but I wanted to know;

When you get the guitar and unlock the game using the guitar, can you just play the game at any point after that with/without the guitar, or must it be connected at all times for the game to be considered 'unlocked'? Debating just buying the unlock for the game through the app for now, and picking up the guitar later.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Wow! I was a little on the fence on this, but seriously? Was the game IAP based even before the price drop and people paid $50 for an IAP filled game?

19. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Last I checked, that's no different to the GHL console version. On Wii U, XBOne, PS4, 360 and PS3, you have two modes; GHTV and GH Live. GH Live is obviously the story mode, with the live action stuff, and GHTV, you have two (now three, I think) channels which are basically music videos, you play for free, with a random selection of music played depending on the channel's current playlist (metal, rock, country, indie, etc).

Using either the in-game currency (racked up from lots and lots of playing the free mode) or buying 'Plays' with real cash, you can play whatever song you want from the online selection--but it costs you a play every time you choose a song.

They use the same system in GH Live for iOS. So it's no different, far as I can tell.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Ok. That makes more sense. I didn't really know how all the modes work.

I'll probably still hold out for the console bundle at some point.