Universal Guitar Hero® Live (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 20, 2015.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You can play on your TV without an Apple TV. There are hdmi to lightning cables that you can buy and plug directly into your TV.

2. V for Viennetta

V for Viennetta Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 9, 2013
    Male
    near the door
    Not available on the UK AppStore which, after reading the comments here, is a bit of a relief.
    Why not buy a real guitar & figure out how to play songs for real?

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I noticed in the App Store under in app purchases their is also a 24 hour pass for 5.99$ and a 30 Minute pass for .99
    Has anyone tried thT or noticed that? I'm not even sure how to select that in the game not that I'm going to do that but it's interesting to note anyway.

4. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I did go ahead and purchase the full game, and I am glad I did. For one thing, I want to support premium titles. For another, I really missed GH and Rock Band on my iPhone. The gameplay is outstanding, the presentation is top quality. Also, I'm getting the new Apple TV so I will probably get the guitar eventually and play it on there. The only problem I'm having is when there are two notes right next to each other. I'm using a 5s, so it's a little cramped there at the bottom, but I really don't think I'm missing as many notes as it says I am. When the two notes are separated, I hit them just fine. Could it be timing? Maybe one thumb is a nanosecond behind the other? Anyone else having problems with this?

If you're on the fence, go for it. This is a great game and well worth the money!

5. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Because it's a videogame. Some people like videogames. Trying to compare the two is like trying to compare FPSes versus shooting ranges, or FIFA versus football.

I mean, personally I don't like FPSes or sports games, so it's a comparison I can't make fairly, but I play bass/guitar, and I like Guitar Hero. There's room for both, so don't be 'that guy'.

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    its also present in the console version, gives 24hr/30minute unlimited access to the tv song list which is about 4 times bigger than the single player career/quick play list. also completely optional. leveling up in tv gives you play tokens for the tv list and the coin currency buys play tokens etc.

7. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Now live in the UK, for anyone interested.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Out in Lebanon too! :) There goes my $50!

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Can you tell me what iOS you are running or what device? I would like to purchase this but I get logged into Game Center twice. Then the game instantly crashes. I have an iPad Air 2 with 65 gigs of memory left, iOS 8.3.

If anyone can help or PM, I'd truly appreciate it.

Interested in game, not guitar

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    iPhone 5s 64 (20 available). Ok here's what happens. When the splash screen comes up, tap on them. Don't wait. Eventually, your Gamecenter will log in. When that happens, you will go right back to the initial splash screen and start over. It's a nuisance, but it works. If you just patiently wait for Gamecenter, the next thing that happens is a crash. You can re-start successfully, but the key is NOT to be patient!

11. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #71 henryfakesmile, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Why not buy a real gun and figure out how to kill for real:mad:
    Why not buy a real car ( mc Laren / Bugatti ) and figure out how to drive for real:confused:
    Why not buy own a army and figure out how to...

Is this guy on crack or something? Trying to be someone and comparing real life to a video game on a gaming forum? People like that are pathetic lol

12. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Err? Many people owned an Apple TV and had been DYING for a new generation of it, lol people like you are ignorant
    You do know that Apple TV own 17% of the streaming device market right ?

Not bad for a product that hasn't been updated since Harry Truman was president

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I appreciate your attempt to help but I'm about to throw my Damn *%#{%^* iPhone and iPad out the window. The above directions did not appear to help. The instructions were confusing but I know that you intended to help. Between 1981-1983, Activision was clearly the best company for the Atari 2600. I could never stop playing Megamania, Enduro, Kaboom, Keystone Kapers, etc.

Now I can say that Activision sucks. There probably won't be a fix for a long time. Imagine not being able to buy a $50 dollar game because it was released too soon. Who the **** runs Q/A??

14. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Really ? It's okay for you to be a calculating douche bag and talk like $50 is such a big deal , lol two glass of cocktail would have costed more than that
    But stop trying to talk shit of the game that's simply not true , this is a 1:1 direct port of the console version

15. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Here is my first try..

16. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    People like you should be monitored, to say the least, here on Toucharcade. The last 3 replies you posted are just insults to other people's opinions. Chill out a bit, okay?

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fun game, good video. I still can't seem to grasp double note tapping. This game is REALLY sensitive about both keys being hit at the same time.

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah, you have to be precise. Although the timing is kinda forgiving at times. Still can't sign in and buy the full game yet.

19. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I dunno if anyone here will be able to keep an eye out, but just in case, if anyone knows or sees a decently-priced iOS bundle with fair UK or EU shipping (preferably within the UK, obviously), can you post it here?

GAME was supposed to get copies for delivery the same day as the console versions, but for whatever reason none were shipped, and the (pre)order button was greyed out. Plus, they're the only UK company I've seen that even has it listed.

I'll just take a second hand iOS guitar if nothing else.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Anyone figure out what exactly we have on our devices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it even seems like the "Live" part of the game is also being streamed. Are those just the videos? Thing is, it's 2 GB, right? There's an additional 600 MB to 1 GB taking up space randomly. I don't think 42 high quality songs and charts are going to take up 3 GB...right?

Oh, and one more thing: The songs in "Live" absolutely blow. Seriously, this is easily the worst setlist on any Guitar Hero...ever.