Universal Guitar Hero® Live (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 20, 2015.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    ....or you get a new phone and it won't accept the data transfer.......:rolleyes:

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    someone mentioned this being a direct port but the video in this thread shows four notes wide. everything ive watched on console shows three. Hrm.

3. Evix

Evix Member

Dec 30, 2014
    No online mode? I loved tap tap games because of the online mode.. I have waited long time for game like this to come that would replace tap tap. I hope they add online mode later on and then this would be perfect game imo.

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Great price I'm happy to see this I gave it a go it's good not my type of game but it's a great game ##☕️

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    When I attempt to purchase, game shuts down. Crap.

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    ahh just figured out why the ios version has four notes and console has three. the console version has 3 notes with three variations (top/bottom/both) + no note, just strum. this game ignores the possible variations on the three notes but moved the strum only symbol on the track to a fourth slot.

just fyi

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Crash-fest 2015 on my 6+

8. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Wait, you need a constant internet connection to play? for $50 that's really scary considering this disclaimer in the app description: "ACTIVISION MAKES NO GUARANTEES REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OF ONLINE PLAY OR FEATURES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION GHTV, AND MAY MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE ONLINE SERVICES IN ITS DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE".

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Was very close to pulling the trigger until I read online only. If one day they pull the plug to the servers, have fun with that.

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Yep. Just that makes me not recommend to buy the game, imagine, you spend 50$ for the game, then only a few months later they decide to not support it any more...

At this point its not even about being a guitar hero fan, but more about knowing how some stuff on iOS goes...

That said im not a fan of GH, but even with games i like i would have a lot of issues with supporting that way of doing things.

11. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have the game on PS4. Are we meant to be able to use the console guitar to unlock the full version on iOS? Because I have Bluetooth running, the guitar powered on...and pressing all the buttons, not just 1...nothing's happening.

12. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    You will need the MFi guitar, ps4 wont work.

13. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    That's so lame. Wonder if that'll be at the Apple Store.

In Australia though so we'll be doubly price-gouged.

14. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I believe you can play this without the guitar, but the purchase button needs to be fixed or else nobody can buy it!!

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Yes you can play without guitar for 49.99$ you can :) have fun with that as has been stated online only and when they kill the server game over and I would give it a year maybe two tops and it's gone.

16. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thanks for the info. I hope they fix the purchase button. Just love rhythm games and I don't feel like buying a guitar.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Stupid freaking two note simultaneous frak! Single notes, I'm good to go. slider notes, no problem. For some reason though. two notes at once? I miss one of the notes 50% of the time.

-shakes fist-

18. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I can only seem to find the Fall Out Boy free song. Where's the other one?

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    the other free song is under 'tv'

20. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I loved guitar hero and rock band but let's face it, the genre ran its course. Rock band and guitar hero died. Now in an odd move guitar hero live. Blah. Cmon. Let it die. And now it's pricey as hell. Playing a guitar with your mobile. Dumb. I'll just break out my rock band and 400 songs I have for that. Not play a guitar to my phone screen And how many people have an Apple TV.