Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    There's an achievement for beating the entire game without unlocking the graveyard. A few people have the achievement on Steam :p

Achievements are coming to ios version next patch by the way. We're just about to submit it to apple, just waiting for our patch notes to be translated.

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hah! We'll I'm not getting that achievement any time soon ;) I built the graveyard pretty quickly

3. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm going to have to play on the old iPad because I can't read the writing on the phone #

4. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Just a little reminder that if you are enjoying the game it would be wonderful if you could leave us a rating. As we're just launched they make a huge difference.

We've also now submitted a patch with a bunch of fixes. Will be live in a few days once it gets through apple review:
    - 49 ios achievements enabled
    - updated UI for cards in hand in battle. Tap once to select & get more info; tap a second time to play it
    - fix scars tooltips to show 2nd scar info too
    - bigger tappable area on victory screen to get more info on new scars
    - tap any trait in character sheet to see tooltip info for all traits at once
    - fixed blessing not being applied when loading straight into a dungeon
    - fixed a number of crashes after finishing quests w/ bosses
    - updated UI for phones to use some bigger elements
    - moved options cog to top-right in most screens and made it bigger
    - in battle, the single heart showing HP with a number in it now empties down to help spot when stuff like fury is going to trigger
    - added links to soundtrack & feedback on home page
    - default ipad mini to lower resolution assets to fix crash
    - traits pop out briefly on battle start (phone layout)
    - add text when choosing mime discard card
    - some smaller fixes and tweaks

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks ojtitus :)

is scaling issue on 4S fixed in this patch?

6. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I can't even beat the second location lol. Will keep plugging away

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Won my first location. Now we're talking..

8. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

Loving the game and on a roll (with many tombstones in my wake), is there a way to tell how close your dungeoneer is getting close to their next level while in a particular dungeon?

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Wow!!! I don't even know want to say!!! Thank you for this game & its future!!!!

10. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yay for high score mode, and I'm having a good time with this game so far ! Not to far in just beat my first boss but can't wait to do more =]

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #111 ste86uk, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Son of a..Â…apparently my phone was on in my pocket and this game is one of its victims guessing I'll have to start again now : ( deleted a few apps and probably more I forgot I have.

Edit; I feel like the game is very unforgiving the starting of matches before you get a chance to even build a deck can be extremely difficult making the game frustrating and feeling unfair at times. Just noticed you can turn battle scars off too which may be good given that some seem like disadvantages

12. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Can someone confirm if there is a portrait option to play this please? Thanks

13. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    It is not I'm afraid. Did you send me a screenshot of that already? Need to look into it so thanks for reminder

14. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    There is not.

They level up if you beat a monster of at least your level. So at level 1, beat any monster to reach level 2. At L2 beat a L2+ monster. And so on.

Yep, gotta be careful what you fight at the start. Learning the strengths of the various low level monsters helps too. So if you have an apprentice (only has magic attacks and blocks in starting deck) then I'd go for something like a fire imp for first fight.

I'd recommend unlocking a class first, then some loot and at least one blessing (helps vs those first fights).

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

still haven't bought it 'cause i've read about the issue.

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am hooked on this game and I am really looking forward to Apple approving that nice update. Thanks, dev!

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Do you ever get the ability to click on buildings in your guild to see what that are? Also to move them?

I want to place mine certain ways but it's hard when you can't remember what some of the buildings are in the first place!

18. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    What's the best initial tier 2 (500 gp) purchase to keep the game moving along? Have all of tier 1, and still having a heck of a time beating the Minotaur and the Mimic. Thanks!

19. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    #119 db2, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Looks like a very interesting mix of the Dungeonquest board game, and Dungeon Keeper, with perhaps just a pinch of Desktop Dungeons sprinkled in. Might have to give this one a try.

EDIT: Seems like I can't equip the rightmost loot card when defeating an enemy. There's no Equip button, and it doesn't show me card details. Anybody else having that problem?

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, if you go to the rightmost loot card by swiping, the Equip button doesn't show up. But if you simply tap the card to move over to it, it does.

20. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    And disadvantage to not playing all three dungeon cards per turn?