Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    We've really improved how that works in the next patch. It's way too fiddly and too easy to misplay while trying to find out more info on cards in battle as you've seen. Next patch it works like this:
    - tap once on a card to see its details
    - tap a second time to play it (or if you know what you want, you can double-tap to do this quickly)
    Since we put that in it's been a major improvement! We're looking to put up the patch for apple review later today btw

The change I mention above will make it far easier to see what the cards do. The lightning icon is for 'quick' which means the whole attack gets to go ahead of the monster's attack (usually they attack first). If you kill a monster with a quick attack they don't get to hit you! The other yellow icon you mention (a shield, crossed out) means the whole attack is unblockable and will skip past their blocks.

We really should. It's on the todo list, but we haven't looked into it yet.

2. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yes that's exactly how the loot buildings work. Imagine a yellow deck of cards with all the starting equipment. When you build any of those buildings it adds cards to that deck so they will appear in future runs. The loot tree equipment is all better than the starting equipment (particularly as you start to go further into it)

No, I'm afraid the game itself is only available in English, sorry. Our publisher had the store page translated to a few languages. Does it not say anywhere that the game isn't in French?

3. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Portrait mode available?

4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Pirate Cove IAP? :) plans for it?

5. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Only if you also tilt your head by 90 degrees.

(no, sorry)

We're going to add Pirate's Cove to the base game, not as an IAP. So if you own the game you will get it for free. We'll bump up the overall game price slightly when we add it.

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow that is awesome re: Pirate's Cove. Generous. Hope you guys do well in this one.

7. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Pleasantly surprised how much I'm loving this. What a fun game. Great sounds/music & an active dev. Nice! Really appreciate the attention to detail.

8. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    awaiting the new patch

cant wait to dive into this game, looks awesome!

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Awesome!!!

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Will you be raising the price with the next update

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    @Gambrinous

Didn't see this mentioned in the update list. Any plans to adjust text size or maybe have an in-game adjustment? The smallest font size is tiny! (iPad Air 2).

12. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    No price changes with updates that fix bugs and whatnot, only when we add significant new content. Our next planned one is when we add the Pirate's Cove expansion.

It's not going to be in this next patch we're submitting to apple shortly, but yes we're going to go back and look at more parts of the interface we can improve, for sure.
    Actually I say that, but there are a few size tweaks in this patch. Just nothing sweeping.

13. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Have had my eye on this on Steam forever, back when it was still on Greenlight. Hate that you have to release for a cheaper price on iOS, but gonna bite the bullet either there or here. Good luck with the release!

14. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Beat Embro (with a mime) and got "an error occurred 1009." Hope this is fixed in the next patch.

Loving this game.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info, already bursting to get back on and have a little time now too!

16. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I'm getting this same error on my iPhone 6S with 95MB free.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ouch getting harder now lost my first guy so decided to try a different dungeon and lost my second guy : ( I'll try again later I guess, sometimes it's tough starting a dungeon with just your basic abilities depending what you come up against in the first few fights before getting items.

I like the blocks and damage over time abilities, do abilities diversify more as you progress?

18. The men keep getting replaced, so don't worry too much about it. But add rooms to your guild to get new classes as well as new equipment in your deck. My issue right now is that I have all the Tier 1 upgrades already and I stupidly spent my last 500 gold on the Barbarian, not seeing the little minus sign before the hearts on his cards (it was too good to be true). So now I'm having trouble with my available quests and the gold is trickling in.

I still can't seem to guide my dungeoneers down a path I want them to take. I try placing low level monsters there and they still go straight to the boss or chest before I want them to. Is there a better method?

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    A couple other things not on the change list that I see.

First splash screen is off center when opening game.
    The lot selection is very jumpy/sticky. When trying to swipe to a different card, it requested snaps back to the previous one.

Also with the loot selection, after scrolling to the card on the far right, then moving away, the card on the far right frequently becomes unequippable and no longer displays details.

20. kralzar

kralzar Member

Sep 13, 2013
    On Iphone 4s the game doesn't fill the screen. It's a tiny box in the corner.