Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game is a lot of fun and I love the humor. I do find that there is some guess work involved in how things work, but it seems to be getting clearer the more I play.

If you like premium games, then buy this one!

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm glad to hear there's a possible fix for iPad mini incoming.

For the time being I'm playing on my iPhone but it's so small, really want to enjoy this on the larger screen.

That said, this game is FUN! Starting to get the hang of the battles and figuring out how to lure a hero around.

Love the art style!

3. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah it's mostly the guild you upgrade (you can unlock many more characters, and loot upgrades there). The scars is just a teensy little bit of uniqueness for characters who win a few quests. Personally I really like how you start fresh on each dungeon run, and build up your loot (and deck) to suit: but it does catch some people by surprise!

4. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm on the iPad Air and as soon as I click new game, I get a white screen with a small message on the top left hand side of the screen saying an error has occurred. The music still plays and if I tap around randomly I manage to click something now and then, like credits, options etc, but all still white. The options menu does show, but when I try to untick the second option under video, I get another error. Hope there's a fix soon, really looking forward to playing it!

5. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Well, this time I got it and bought the game.

Finally I can play this after seeing it all the time on Steam.

6. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Was there an error number? does it always happen? Same after restart?
    Are you able to go to the credits or the options screen from the title screen?

7. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi, I closed the app and deleted a few others (realised I only had 30mb left) and now it's working fine :)

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    The game is great but it desperately needs a better tutorial. Right now i am playing by just guessing everything i do which is not fun at all.

9. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #49 JohnnyClash, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    The user interface for 'checking card details' and 'playing a card' in the battle hand is kinda wonky.

As it stands, I, often times, prematurely 'play a card' when I am simply trying to 'check card details'.

I'd like to look at the details on any given card in my hand without playing it 'by accident'.

I need some advice on the proper way to 'check details' vs 'play' the card. (especially when wanting to 'check details' on all of the cards in my hand before deciding which one Id like to play)

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #50 Ayjona, Jul 21, 2016
    So while the hero progress is lost when the little miniature murderer perishes, guild development sticks around (bestowing a sense, or possibly an illusion, of progress)?

And speaking of carrots on sticks, will you add iCloud support/other cloud backup or export function so that we might caper and skip madly between phones and tablets*?

* And recover progress if our devices are stolen or broken, if we need to do clear system installs, or if we need or even happen to delete GoD. The reasons are many, and the excuses not to include some kind of cloud backup of progress in nearly any iOS title ever are few.

11. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I agree 100%. Can't figure out where to tap or where to hold to just see what the card will do. Oftentimes I inadvertently play it. Awesome game tho.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, how much is the installed filesize?

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    318mb installed file size.

14. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    #54 Bootsy, Jul 21, 2016
    The same exact thing happens to me on my iPad Air 2. I click new game, get the same error message, and the same white screen. I have 1 GB free space. The game is totally unplayable for me.

The error number is 0.

Same thing happens after a reset.

15. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    I deleted some stuff and got 1.5 GB free and now it's working.

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Aww you made it sound like battle scars were good I did get a few and one the last one just got hubris which sounds bad to me.

Enjoying the game though just spent an hour on it unlocked quite a few things and mainly using the apprentice managed to keep him alive thusfar.

One question though still haven't figured it out what does zap do? The yellow lightning doesn't seem to do anything also the yellow shield which looks like it may block zap? Not sure what either do.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Same here.

18. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    hmm, it seems i'll have to buy it again after playing on pc since alpha version :)

the yellow lightning symbol just means quick attack - you attack before the enemy does. usually the enemy attacks first, so use this to finish him off.

the yellow shield means that the attack is unblockable.

19. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Liking the game, but I don't understand how the buildings work. Do they mean you get those cards in your deck next dungeon?

20. jock78700

jock78700 Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello,
    In description, the game is in French... But in my game, it's in English.
    The game is realy in french or not?
    Thanks