Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I'm late to the party
    But it's st Patrick's day this week and time to grab up a great game made by Irish :)
    Not sure why I haven't pick this up yet it seems to fit what I like but I got it now

2. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Is this game already updated or will be updated for iOS 11? I'm itching to buy it, but nothing is mentioned about it being 64 bit compatible on the store page.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Mate, this game was released mid July last year. I am more than sure it is 64 bit.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Is already

5. Jinxtah

Mar 27, 2017
    Fantastic. You can never be sure if it's compatible or not if it's not listed as being such. I don't want to get screwed out of playing just because the devs didn't want to update it come upgrade time.

Thanks for the answers!

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You can actually, here's how:
    - If the app was released after February 1st, 2015, it's 64Bit
    - If the app was updated after June 1st, 2015, it's 64Bit

7. Jinxtah

Mar 27, 2017
    Surely just because they updated it after a certain date, doesn't mean they put in compatibility for 64 bit does it?

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Apple required apps to be 64-bit after those dates in order to be approved.

9. Jinxtah

Mar 27, 2017
    Aha, ok. Well that's great info to have. Thanks!

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Recently picked this one up and I'm loving it, wish I had purchased it sooner. I do have one complaint; I much prefer playing on my iPad, while it plays just fine on my iPhone 7 it looks and is much easier to play on my iPad. Having said that; this is not my actual complaint, my complaint is the lack of an iCloud save file. At work or while waiting for appointments I will play on my iPhone; however, when I get home at the end of the day I want to be able to pick up my iPad and resume my game. I don't want to have to continue playing on the small screen or play a completely separate file on my iPads.

This is still a stellar game and deserves every 5 out of 5 rating it gets. I just hope the devs strongly consider adding cloud saves even if it is a lot of extra effort, I know myself and many others in a similar situation would greatly appreciate it. :)

11. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Updates wishlist?

Any plans to update this (either free or paid)? I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I think this game is great and I figured I’d list off a few things that I think could dramatically improve the game:

- ability to zoom (pinch-zoom) on the iPhone. (The text size on the iPhone is unreadable)

- ability to save/load to/from iCloud, allowing one to switch between devices. (All the more important because of said tiny text size on iPhone screens.)

- Ability to tap-hold on a part of the castle and identify it. (I know it’s mostly aesthetic but it’d add to the imaginative experience.)

- Ability to re-arrange rooms in the castle. (Again, purely aesthetic, but still adds to the experience)

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hey mate, since text size seems to be your main concern, in case you don't know, iOS has a zoom function found in settings>general>accessibility>zoom which gives you a few options of ways to zoom in on the screen. It's a battery drainer but can help to pick up in game text on occasion.

13. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    We need a pinch to zoom function yo. Playing this on an iPhone is a little hard to read, otherwise, fantastic title! The devs seem to have gone silent or a number of years....hope they are still developing content for this awesome little title!!! Really unsure how I missed the boat on this one, its frigging awesome!!!

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Also need iPhone X support.