Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    What device are you playing on? Were there crashes before update too or are these new? When do they happen?

Thanks

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #342 Duke12, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Ipad Air, latest ios, before there were a few crashes, nothing worth mentioning, now it crashed after almost every fight when walking to next enemy.

3. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    So just as the fight screen pops up / just before it? Will try and get the same happening here.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    When it should pop up it goes to desktop

5. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hey folks, does this have iCloud or a simple way of sharing progress between devices?

Thank you

6. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm really enjoying Ice Cream Headaches, thanks for the update!

7. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    #347 gambrinous, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    I'm afraid not. I'm hoping to look into it again as we continue work on our leaderboards and other online stuff for our challenge mode 'Trophy Trial'.

8. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Thank you!!

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Like I suggested previously in thris thread, if iCloud and/or automatic savegame backup (which is almost always preferable) is too much work to ever be feasible, use the iOS Share Sheet App Extension API to allow us to manually import and export save games. It's a very inelegant solution, completely perverse UI-wise, but its very easy to implement in my experience.

(Baldur's Gate handles this by, after a long press on the quicksave UI element, opening up a regular iOS Share Sheet for export to relevant apps such as Google Drive, iCloud's file directory and Dropbox. Boy, was there ever an immersion-breaking save mechanism...)

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Even just allowing the saves to be in a shared documents format, iOS will allow you to access those files in iTunes and you can save them on your pc.
    No way at all ideal but at least a way to backup saves.

11. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    All good man, I appreciate you replying. It would be nice to play on multiple devices but that's why I got my mini 4, for portability.

If you got around to it great, if not I'm not gonna lose any sleep. Regardless, I love your game and I'm grateful for the update. Gave me a reason to dust it off after a few months and get back into it. Thank you for the premium pricing and I wish the game and you (your studio???) nothing but success. Cheers

12. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    We've just put out an update on iOS which should really help with memory related crashes, in particular on devices with 1gb or less memory (iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, and similar). Would love if anyone here who's been seeing a lot of crashes since the Ice Cream Headaches release could give it another go now!

13. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Hi,

I ran into a bug on one of the Pirate's Cove missions.
    [​IMG]

It looks like I'm unable to complete this mission. I collected the large chest and it says I still need to collect it. Can you please look into this?

14. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Did you try placing a room over the x-shape bones in the screenshot you took? The quest probably calls for you to collect the chest there.

15. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    The chest was in the top right room. It spawned there at the beginning of the level. i had already collected it which is why it's not there anymore.

16. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    It's been awhile since I've played the pirate's content but i remember being a bit confused on one of the quests, probably that one- if you build a room over that x symbol on the map a chest appears and that is the chest the quest wants you to open. Maybe the other one isnt big enough.

17. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Damn. You're right. That worked! Wow that was so poorly explained.

Thanks!

18. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah, that's it alright. You find a map -> it reveals the X -> then you get the chest. We could definitely fix that with better explanations at each step

19. CivilMadman

CivilMadman New Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I only registered here today so that I could reply to your message/request for comment, in order to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I bought GoD last August, with the Pirates Cove expansion installed, and instantly fell in love with it - seriously Game of the Year territory for me - right up until the point where the crashes began...

First one occurred about 30-40 minutes in, but after that recurred every five to 15 minutes at most. Despite this persevered for a long time, finished maybe 3/4 of original content, but in the end the relentless crashing and replaying battles already won finally wore me down and I deleted it off my machine (iPad Mini 2) after about two weeks of putting up with it.

Last month saw the update, read the release notes, saw no mention of any crash bug fixage, but in a fit of wide-eyed optimism downloaded the update and reinstalled. Perhaps it would be fixed by the changes anyway...?

Nope. In fact, it was worse. Now I was getting crashes every 5 to 10 minutes at most. Which made the fact that I'd already fallen in love with the game all over again so much more painful when I put it aside a second time, after quite a bit of playing once more. Eesh.

And then I saw this latest update just a few weeks later. An update which specifically mentioned memory issues and crashes possibly being resolved. (Be still my beating heart, could it really be...?) And then I saw your post on here, asking for feedback. So I installed the latest version two days ago. Started playing. Was transported to dungeoneering heaven...

... and several hours later, was still playing the same session. No crashes. Not one. Even left the game running in background overnight and resumed mid next day. Still no problem. To date it's been running on my formerly crash-plagued iPad Mini 2 for over two days, and it's still solid as a rock.

A rock hewn from the stygian depths of one of the nastier dungeons out there, that continues to grind my poor saps (err, plucky adventurers...) into armoured meat-paste.

And so once again I say THANK YOU Gambrinous for taking the time to resolve this problem at last!

(I know it's probably a little nuts to be so grateful for a game to at last simply work as you'd expect it to, but the crash thing had really turned my GoD experience into a weird "I just can't quit you for good" kind of semi-abusive relationship type vibe... (One that my actual wife found fairly perplexing - and she's had to put up with a LOT of perplexing things with me anyway, heh...)

Alrighty. Enough with the chitter chatter. Time to send some more dumb mooks off to their deaths, all for my greater glory!

20. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Ha, that's amazing. Thank you for putting up with it & trying again! So glad to hear GoD isn't abusing you anymore !!