Universal Guild of Dungeoneering (by Gambrinous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for taking the time fot the detailed imput! I am going to grab it for sure.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It helped me and I already have the game.
    A very informative and articulated description of the game.
    Pat yourself on the back. #

3. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I got the game and it seems better played on an Ipad. I found the text too small on my iphone 6. But maybe that's just me.

Also, it would benefit from icloud save.

Apart from that, it seems rather cool.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Because of you, I've just spent the last 4 hours spinning round in circles waving my arms like a looney....what a massive waste of time that was....I'm off to do something more productive....like licking my own elbows. #

Thanks very much, glad it was useful and enjoyed. #

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Agreed, better on the iPad with the extra screen real estate.

And it does have iCloud saves. Games carry over between your devices automatically. I'm guessing it uses GameCentre though so if you're running an old iOS with the GC bug then I guess that could cause a problem perhaps?

6. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    There's no cloud saves, iOS or otherwise :p

7. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    lol.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's a big drawback for those of us who game on several devices. If iCloud support is too cumbersome, is there a possibility you could add manual export and import of save files via Share extensions, a lá Baldur's Gate for iOS's inelegant save solution? (There are existing APIs, and in the case of Baldur's Gate this feature is activated via a long press on the existing save button with no additional UI elements required, so the development overhead for this implementation of save sync is comparably small.)

9. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    We are looking into it alright, but I'm not sure yet if/when we'll get it done. Will let you folks know if it's coming

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Unfortunatelly, icloud save seems to be a bit of hassle for devs and not so simple as it should be for implementing.

That's a shame, because it should be second nature of every iOS game.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Great news, even in potentia :)

Yeah. I wish Apple had just designated a generic user data folder for apps, and opened it up to iCloud Drive access. That way, any app where the developer did not specifically go out of their way to break iCloud support would have automatic save game syncing, and manual access to save files (which would additionally be a huge boon to cross-platform play of ports).

12. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah, wish it was simpler. iOS is miles easier than android on this, at least.

13. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I played the heck out of this game when it first came out, beat it and eventually deleted it. Now I've returned for the pirate's cove content- thanks for adding the shortcut to it, dev. Really enjoying it and finding it pretty challenging.

Now I'm really looking forward to ice cream headaches. Any ETA on that?

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Sorry, my bad - not sure what I was thinking! Been playing a few games on both devices over xmas with the saves automatically crossing over - obviously had it in mind this was one of them, clearly not! D'oh! ☺️

15. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Ice Cream Headaches is coming to iOS this week!

[​IMG]

It's free for everyone who owns the game already. Size-wise it adds about a third extra game, similar to our last expansion Pirate's Cove. We are upping the price to $5.99 or equivalent for everyone who doesn't have it yet once it comes out on the 9th - so if you know anyone who might like the game tell them to get it now for a discount!

Here's what's new:
    - a new zone full of new quests/monsters/bosses, accessible near the beginning of the campaign.
    - three new classes of dungeoneer. You unlock these by playing the new quests.
    - piles of new loot at every tier unlock for use throughout the game
    - a big new mechanic, Favour. You can gain favour as you build your dungeon, then spend it in battle to do stuff like draw extra cards, remove cards from your deck, or make the monster discard their current attack. Like the loot, Favour is used throughout the game

This is all really good for replayability of the entire game. If you want to get straight to the new map region it unlocks automatically once you beat your first boss in the grasslands after the Rat King is down. If you have a savegame beyond there you can just load up and go to the map and it will appear BUT I should warn you it's best experienced at grasslands level of guild power. If you have previously beaten the game it will feel too easy. We've added a handy 'icecream shortcut' option in the new game screen that will take you directly to that point if you want to jump in at the appropriate level.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great news!

17. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Yay! This has been highly anticipated by my gaming mind, great to see it become a reality. Thank you.

18. Neglectfate

Neglectfate Member

Jan 23, 2017
    The expansion just came out, in NA at least.

19. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Thanks

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Constantly crashing for me after update, sigh.....