Universal Guardian Sword (by Picsoft Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Despite the graphics this gameplay is pretty good. I ran into the paywall with the 15 lvl mob. It's a bit unfair when i'm only 4 (5?) and all the previous mobs i've been facing the same level

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    There is no paywall. I'm level 30, and a few folk are way past me as well. I haven't felt the need to even use the gems the game has already thrown my way.

3. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Level 38 here. No paywall so far.

Just grinding.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Same here, currently at level 11 or 12. I didn't buy any of the second tier gear and things were starting to get rather rough until I remembered I had unlocked the third tier at level 10. Sometimes a board layout will screw you over, but that's the nature of games like this.

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #85 orangecan, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Yep level 26 for me and I only used gems on the first boss battle. I really should buy some of the iap tho cos I feel a bit guilty getting this for free. I've not enjoyed this kind of game as much since hero emblems.

Not done a huge amount of grinding yet either - certainly a lot less than in HE.

Question tho to anyone who can help - I've been wary about forging my gear because it almost seems a waste because once you level up and can buy your next weapon that basically replaces the forged one because it's as or more powerful.
    Or am I missing something or not getting it??

6. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    I've used two gems on upgrades. One was on my sword, because I wasn't doing enough damage to a boss before it could kill me. The other was on armour, because a much later boss was hitting me too hard.

I plan on saving as many as I can for the highest level equips. Until then, I'll use one every so often if I need to get over a hurdle that a gem would really make the difference on.

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nice one cheers. That's the strategy I'd decided on as well but I spent a fair few before deciding that was the best course of action.

8. thecomichunter

Jan 1, 2014
    I feel like some people may be forgetting potions and how cheap they are...

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yup, I overly relied on the Fairy for my heals and as a result Leonel was under-leveled. It is entirely possible to get by with just the few potion heals here and there and instead bring a hard hitting ally.

10. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    I've never felt the need to level anyone else. Fairy heals every time I need it, cures statuses, refills my MP bar, and halves damage from spells.

I'm doing more than enough damage myself to give any of that up, let alone all of it.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I needed Leonel for the
    Swamp Beasts
    , just as an added boost for DPS. Leone's additinal skills are also really good. His second skill does something like 700 damage.

12. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #92 modus_ataraxia, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    No sooner than I mention being fine, and I run into a boss where I NEED another way to block hits. Golem it is. Needed to grind 3 levels anyway, for new gear.

Death
    attacks waaay to often, even with the
    instant death
    status negation gem.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Have you seen the official boss guide? It has great tips for each boss.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    WOW.. talk about Inversion of the Week.. i was avoiding Guardian Sword because its art style didn't do it for me. And i was eagerly waiting for the Long Siege, whose art i found superb. It turns out, the gameplay of the Long Siege disappointed me along with its music -which i found nerve-wracking.

So i gave Guardian Sword a try, and my reaction was like this "WOW" The music is something like in a JRPG similar to Hero Emblems quality -which i LOVE- and its gameplay is fantastic, with really cool animations and match 3 mechanics - like posters above said, "Rock Solid".

If you have similar opinions with me on Hero Emlems and got disappointed in the Long Siege this week, you NEED to give GS a try, it won me over.

15. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    simply amazing game.

16. Superpark7

Superpark7 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Hi all, I’m the developer.

You can completely finish Guardian Sword without purchasing any IAP. It was designed as a paid game. You may find it difficult at times since we want to make the game to be challenging. (If you really cannot defeat the bosses, you can check out the strategy guide on our website.) So please don’t worry about the paywall. We don’t want it to distract you from fully enjoying the game.

For the game crash issue on some devices, we are trying to fix this problem asap.

Thank you very much for supporting us and playing our game.:)

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah well you're getting my money whether you like it or not! Thank you for this gem (the game not the in game currency) ;)

18. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Thank you very much.:):):)

19. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    I really enjoy this

I downloaded this 'cos the hero guy's beard-shaved face was too funny and this was free.
    BUT I realized! This game is one of the BEST games of this year!
    I bought IAP just for support DEVs.
    Nicely balanced game.

20. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Hi guys,

I'm here to let you know that the promotion is ending today. Guardian Sword will change from free to regular price at $2.99. If you want to download, you can get it now. Thank you for supporting us.