Universal Guardian Sword (by Picsoft Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Well it's at the bottom, 3 areas to the east of frog swamp, but I'm wondering whether we are talking about the same thing because I've been progressing fine without it and now have to go all the way back to use it.

2. oheight

oheight Member

Jul 9, 2015
    This is where I am in the game. Where my character is is where the password is required. The only are I haven't been to is the far southern region but the area east of it is blocked too.

Attached Files:

3. oheight

oheight Member

Jul 9, 2015
    This is what Frog Swamp looks like for me.

Attached Files:

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ok we are talking about the same thing then. You can go right from frog swamp but need help from someone. Go up and left from frog swamp I believe.

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The major appeal here is the mechanical depth and the very refreshing flow of combat. The dialog and artwork is a little janky, but that's nothing to detract from my enjoyment. The game slowly ramps up in depth and keeps adding new features every 40 minutes or so. It's easily one of the best match-3 RPGs on iOS along with Hero Emblems and Puzzle Quest.

Guardian Sword is a different sort of match-3 game, and not simply because the matching is Dungeo Raid-style. THe game is very deterministic, you can see the next two incoming attacks and have to gear up accordingly. You can also see exactly which three encounters you'll be facing. A lot of the combat is about using the right tiles at the right point, and not simply maximizing tile usage. It's stuff like managing your cooldowns, item usage,syncing with your allies' timers and knowing exactly which skills and special tiles to carry into battle.

6. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    The top row on the map. Next to
    Panther Cave.

7. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    That is so true, this game is a lot more strategic than I had originally anticipated.

Bringing the right ally, tiles and spells is crucial.

8. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    #68 LillyP, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    If you want to try my strategy. Don't remember the exact things though. Skills
    Gravity DeathStab Change Reload
    Tiles
    3mana 4crossbow Target AllShield
    More Forge
    Amor+1 Sword+1
    Teammate
    Fairy

9. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    #69 LillyP, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    I think I can help you. Now I'm at the Fortress 4. Immortal heart>
    use hammer with the stone pads and go down the tunnels then go to the heart
    and now
    you can break the giant stone.

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    if i remeber well, somewhere in that map should appear the fairy that opens a hidden road between the two tiles on the bottom right.

11. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    A game version of manga Berserker? Copy all the character name/appearance/weapons of the manga makes the game looks cheap to me.

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Can you please list all the specific details, excluding the name Guts. Also, the manga is titled Berserk, not Berserker.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I tried based on the feedback here but so far I'm not too into it, the graphic style isn't quite to my liking and it's making it hard for me to want to play more. But I may give it more of a try

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The presentation overall leaves a lot to be desired, no doubt. However the gameplay underneath is rock solid.

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I agree! I don't buy IAP, but since I got this free, bought some to support the dev. A great game (gameplay) but could use a tad better graphics. Overall, loving it!

16. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    Yeah its Berserk, my bad.

The look of the MC, the look of the sword, the combination of sword/crossbow, thats enough for me to uninstall the game.

U remember the case of dota2 character in those games like Heroes Charge or something like that? At least 3 games copied exact heroes from Dota2. Now this game is the game like those. Why encourage devs to do something like that? Or are we ok with them because we are not the creator of those original Dota2 heroes/Guts?

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Nope, not close enough to be an issue. The giant word is pretty much a fantasy game trope now, popularized far more by FF7 than Berserk. And the crossbow as a weapon is incredibly common in games. The name is definitely the same, but the developers are not trying to coast on the popularity of Berserk or trying to infringe on the copyright. There are far more egregious cases of genuine malicious infringement on the App Store.

18. Celimdor

Celimdor Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Yes thank you Lilly i did find out by myself after an hour :(
    Jeez i must be stupid to be so slow...
    Anyway i m lvl 40 and the game is really good for the price ! I spent some money on it to support the devs ;)

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    In case anyone is stuck on bosses or lost, the game does feature direct links to a FAQ page hosted by the devs. The same page also has links for a full walkthrough and boss guide.

20. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Cool story bro.