Universal Guardian Sword (by Picsoft Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Thanks for the reminder! :D

2. Superpark7

Superpark7 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Thank you. We didn't mean to make everyone feel that way in the first place so we fixed it when we got the feedback. It's great that you like it.

3. Superpark7

Superpark7 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer

Using the Items is part of game. Whether you need to use them or not depends on your strategy. If your level is high and you have the latest gears and further more if you have the perfect strategy for each battle, you hardly need the Items.

On the other hand, if you don't like grinding or ,sometimes, pick not quite right strategies, using the Items is very helpful.

Sword and Crossbow Tiles being less useful/powerful in late game may depend on your strategy(as you have already mentioned).

For players focusing on upgrading their attack, their regular tiles can attack severely especially combining with 2x, 3x, Joint and even more severely with Critical Hit. Of course, using Skills is an important thing to help you defeat the Bosses but attacking with regular tiles will help you win easier and faster.

But if you didn't focus on upgrading attack power, using special abilities of the Tiles such as Stun, Freeze, Darkness, Wind and Target are very helpful in the battle too.

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I am most of the way through the game and I have put zero points into Sword, so definitely that could be part of it. Seems more effective to focus on a few categories of skill points and neglect others, but different choices could certainly make the game look different.

5. fastcharlie

fastcharlie New Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Stuck at Queen Mantis in Fortress 4

Hey all,
    been enjoying this game tremendously, but I hit a brick wall aparently. The Queen Mantis (LV.50) boss in level Fortress (4) seems to be too much for any combination of teammate/tiles/skills that I have.
    My character is LV33 (XP 6.742), HP is LV11, with the other parameters ranging from LV10 to LV7.
    I have two teammates at LV12 and my equiment is roughly all the latest from the shop.
    Tried a number of different approaches, but still can't beat the queen mantis, she always ends up biting my head off ;)

Any ideas to get past her?

Thanks

6. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I can't remember the individual bosses at all, at this point. What are her skills/attack pattern?

7. fastcharlie

fastcharlie New Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Attacks almost every turn, longest is 2 turns, all quite powerful. Its the giant locus/grasshoper thing ;) Sae a few remarks in the developper website regarding strategies, so I'll try that.
    They say to use the ice tile to slow it down, then team up with golem due to his mix of attack/defense skills...

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Ice is powerful vs a lot of bosses that have relatively fast attacks. If it's susceptible to poison, then you can also just poison it and focus almost entirely on blocks/defense/healing and not try to do any other damage.

9. fastcharlie

fastcharlie New Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks. Managed to get past it by chosing Golem as partner, using ice, some poison and defending well. Also roamed around a little bit picking up other fights before going again against the boss, so that Golem's XP would improve. Then he also got the Stun ability on his attack, which also proved very useful to suppress some of the very quick attack from queen mantis.

Thanks for the feedback :)

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Poison kills many bosses pretty easily, because it does damage every turn that seems to scale with their HP.

Unfortunately, the later bosses are all immune....

11. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It just finished playing through this game. I really enjoyed it. Maybe a little too grindy in places - and the final boss seemed a lot easier than some of the ones before it, but over all, a great game.

12. Steverd

Steverd Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Are you spreading out your level up points evenly or is it better to put the points into MELEE or RANGED attacks?