Universal Guardian Sword (by Picsoft Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Fought a LONG battle (more than an hour, for sure) with the Kraken (took lots of defensive skills and only hurt it slowly, but wasn't having to use any items) and misswiped and died about 2/3 of the way through. :-(

2. misteri

misteri New Member

Dec 28, 2013
    #322 misteri, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    This is such a great game!

I found the rope - it's just hard to see the path because the player's head is covering it and I didn't know I could walk onto the holes. That was trickier than it should have been I think :)

3. Superpark7

Superpark7 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Hi guys, :)
    Guardian Sword version 2.0 is now available to download.
    Thank you very much for all feedbacks here.

What's new
    • iOS 9 support
    • Listen to your own music while playing Guardian Sword
    • Able to check enemies list during the battle by tapping skulls icon
    • More XPs and Coins drop from the enemies so you can grind faster
    • Lower Respawn rate of old enemies so you can explore the Map even smoother
    • Readjusted the balance of some Bosses to be better balanced and not too difficult
    • Increased Item drop rate from the enemies and Steal success rate of the player
    • Goblins will no longer steal your Clock and Elixir
    • The Real Demon Lord will appear only when you defeated the Demon Lord
    • Fixed black screen during the battle on some devices
    • Fixed number of turn count while getting Freeze Status displaying incorrectly sometimes
    • Fixed some language and translation issues
    • Stability improvements and small bug fixes

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Niiiice, really liking the looks of the update. :)

5. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Thanks, hope you enjoy it better.;)

6. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I have been enjoying the game pretty well. I don't much like the sound of making bosses easier---I'm a long ways into the game and nothing has been too hard, if anything it seems the opposite. I have never had to use any of the powerful items. Each boss requires a strategy but once you set up the strategy they all seem pretty straightforward. Sometimes I use a potion or two, but none of them have required Gems or the more powerful items.

7. aramys71

aramys71 Member

Aug 1, 2012
    game broken

Update done - game won't open :(
    (ipad 3 / ios7)

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    same here... maybe iOS7?

9. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Sorry about that. We will check and fix it asap.

10. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    We adjusted the balance of only a few bosses but the rest are still the same. We want to make the game better balanced and more enjoyable.

11. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Which bosses are changed? I wonder if it would make sense to have some kind of hard mode? I have lost interest a little toward the end because the game is getting too easy. I'm not sure exactly how to address that, though.

There was only one boss, much earlier in the game (around level 30?), that gave me much trouble.

12. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    Don't worry about the game being too easy. Most of them are well balanced so we adjusted only 3 of them.

1.Gorilla, of course, he is the first boss of the game so we want the players who not yet get used to the game can fight him easier.

2.Swamp Monster, he is an under water Boss and the players have limited turns to fight so we adjusted it to be smoother and better balanced to play.

3.Demon Lord, the last boss of the game, he is way more difficult compare to previous boss and it may require quite a grinding so we make it easier in order that it is not too difficult to most players to finish the game.

But for the players who need more challenging, you have a choice to challenge the Real Demon Lord. This guy is absolutely not easy to beat. If you defeat him, you will find another ending scene which is the perfect ending of the game.

Thank you for your idea about the Hard Mode. I will discuss it with our team. Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

13. Superpark7

Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    We've fixed this bug and submitted to Apple. We've also requested for Expedited Review to the Apple Team. Hope our game is approved quickly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #334 houseofg, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Thanks very much for this one. I didn't feel that any of the other bosses required rebalancing but this is where I had given up on the game. Unlike the rest of the game, he felt like a grind or IAP suck (not that I mind the IAP, the way it's done in this game, which I bought a couple times previously just for the heck of it to support you).

So maybe now I will actually finish!

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Interesting. I didn't have much trouble with the swamp boss. I can't remember now, but think maybe I used one Clock to get an extra big attack before I ran out of time. If you use several Clock items, you could win this battle almost trivially, I think.

One "question" is whether using the items is part of the game, or the goal is to beat the bosses without items and the items are more of a crutch. I think it would be possible to win the whole game without ever using any items, but not too easy and probably more work than I want to go through. But if I allow myself unlimited use of items, bounded only by the game limit on items per battle, then it seems awfully easy to win most boss battles. Generally, I compromise---I try to make a plan that doesn't depend on items, but I let myself use one or two. It would be nice if somehow the game encouraged or rewarded you for using fewer/less powerful items.

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #336 houseofg, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Maybe it's just the way I built my guy out but it's a bummer how meaningless tiles become late game. Like with this demon lord boss, the sword and crossbow tiles are nothing but a meaningless hindrance, and that was true of many prior bosses as well. It's all about the mana and skills, which is kind of odd for a match 3. I think that was one of Appunwrapper's main points and I now see what he means.

IOS 7 bug update is out already, by the way.

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    If the tiles are a hindrance, then they aren't meaningless. Optimizing your skills and moves to efficiently get rid of the tiles you don't need/want is part of the game. I think that's part of almost all combat-style match-3 games where you have your own tableau. It was certainly a big part of Dungeon Raid.

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Funny, I almost rephrased that sentence. Yeah, I see your point but it just seems a bit odd given that they are all offensive/weapon tiles. But as I said, I guess that's just the tree I built and chose to climb, if you'll pardon the metaphor!

19. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I think using Items is a part of the game but up to you to decide how hard you want it. Ex. Potion and Ether are always in my strategy.
    Secret Bosses are pretty challenge and fun too. I explored the maps to find treasures and fought them when I reached the Portal in Demon World.

20. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Well, in the late game, sword and crossbow tiles are still handy for me
    thanks to Joint Tile and I always love sword tiles for status attack.
    But you are right that they aren't direct attack though.