Universal Guardian Sword (by Picsoft Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Use the horn to summon an enemy in the available area and use that battle to recharge mp and skills.

2. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    #262 LillyP, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Or try this.
    Skills:
    whirlwind invisible remove barrier(barrier not spirit! I mixed them up.)
    Tiles:
    protect 4shield 3manas stun
    Special Tiles:
    sleep block stun block(if invisible skill can block all his ultimate attacks, you don't need this)
    Teammate:
    fairy(optional)
    Sorry if I don't remember well. Let me know if it doesn't work.

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I used invisible and he green shield skill, saving invisible for he bigger attacks. You can use the clocks if you are in a Truly tight spot with an attack that will kill you.

Also, use a gem for your shield or level up defense...sometimes you can block his lesser attack without a skill.

Ronin isn't necessary as a teammate of course but he is handy.

4. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #264 Solarclipse, Aug 4, 2015
    Just checking if the patreon thing is working :) ...nope. :( Oh I see, it doesn't to work in the app, just in safari...

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, I assume they'd have to be able to update the app for that...?

Anyway, finally got the four coins today and then beat the tree boss. I can't believe how much mileage I have gotten out if this game and clearly have so much more to go given how far behind most of you I am!

6. smiley_u

smiley_u Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Possibly the best match-3 game I've played since...ever

This is one of the best games I've played this year - the amount of "game" you get, both in terms of serious strategy and gameplay is simply ridiculous (one of the longest iOS games I've played this year, too).

I just finished the game by beating the "true" end-boss. A couple comments for the DEVs if they are following this forum:

- If you are a pure match-3 enthusiast you'll find that towards the end of the game it becomes more a (very) strategic game of juggling tons of skills/runes/tiles/etc. than a regular match-3 game. Some might like it (I did) some might not.
    - The story is pretty generic, which is fine, but the English of this game needs a lot of work - was it that hard to find a better English writer?
    - Exploring the map is a lot of fun, having to fight the same monsters that are 50 levels below you over and over again - not fun !
    - There are NO paywalls in this game, at times you might need to grind a little bit, but some TA users here do not really understand what a "paywall" really means !

Finally - a question for the DEVs - now that I completely finished the game, should I keep it on my phone? Are you planning any content updates?

5-stars from me !

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    It's always such a great sight to see an amazing game get truly appreciated. SO often it happens on iOS that amazing games fall through the cracks and are ignored y both critics and users.

What was your final time after beating the true secret boss?

8. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    The true end boss is kinda crazy...I used invisibility and he killed me anyway! That's not right. I think I'll need to level up my shields more so that the green shield can block the weaker hits better before taking that on again...

Did you have any invisibility fails with him?

9. smiley_u

Oct 4, 2013
    My final time was a little over 30 hours. I don't think I spent 30 hours on my phone playing anything (except maybe Battleheart Legacy, still my favorite iOS game) :)

10. smiley_u

Oct 4, 2013
    Nope - invisibility should always work, even for skills with the target reticule sign which means they are a 100% hit. I never had invisibility fail on me. Yeah shields and massive health is important - plus I had the "ultimate ability" from
    possibly-your-older-self-boss
    which helped a lot coupled with using a lot of clocks I saved up from before.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm at 38 hours already, just made it to the
    Demon World
    . I spent way too much time backtracking looking for secrets :p And I've been saving up 20 upgrade points to spec in the right areas by the endgame, so my time per battle is usually higher than it should be. I can see myself putting in close to 45+ hours in the game just enjoying the combat! I wonder if there's a possibility of adding an endless challenge mode to the game.

12. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    #272 LillyP, Aug 4, 2015
    Same here. My invisible skill never fails. I tried a couple strategies with Golem(lvl5) and another extra teammate, both work for me. I used the same skills and tiles as the normal demon lord.

13. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Far more than 30 hrs for me. :eek::eek:

14. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    I think I don't level up enought to beat it. I was lvl48 and at 1 lvl of new gear.
    So I find breacking cheat that ruin the game and beat it :)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Totally agree... First time i have 2 rpg-puzzle hybrids in my growing GotY list's top 10. Between this and Hero Emblems it's easy to overlook all other match-3 RPGs, especially the freemium ones.

16. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    There is a trick to never die, of course don't read it if you won't be spoiled :
    You just have to choose Footwork (3 turns recharge and 10 mana). Each time it miss, just kill the game and relaunch. The game will automaticaly relaunch before you use the skill... so you have 100% chance to dodge the attack.

17. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    That's pretty uncles wary though because smoke bombs are cheap...because I had the gnome I actually had 90 of them before I even started using them.

Edit: uncles wary is supposed to be unnecessary, but that's such a funny correction I had to leave it.

18. LillyP

LillyP Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    #278 LillyP, Aug 4, 2015
    Well, I read it. I don't think you should do that. It can corrupt the save file and you can lose your progress.

19. Superpark7

Superpark7 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 29, 2015
    Game Developer
    #279 Superpark7, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Thank you very much. All suggestions and feedbacks from everyone in the thread are in our plan for our major update.

We haven't finalized the plan for content update yet. Maybe after we finish fixing bug and translation. For now, you can keep only the save file on iCloud by tapping the cloud button at the top-right corner of the save profile to upload your latest save and then you can delete the game.

Thank you for your feedback and 5-stars from you.:)

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I've done it.
    I've figured it out.
    The
    secret boss
    you've all been talking about...
    It's the
    merchant