Universal Guardian Codex (By SQUARE ENIX) [UNIVERSAL!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Galvaude

Galvaude Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Been playing since release and it's a pretty solid title. It' far from perfect but the cons are minor annoyance, at least for now.

Graphics are gorgeous, you can also choose the quality level of them. Gameplay is great, if you like turn-based rpgs. There's a good varity of monsters/guardians with their own skillset, which some unlock as they level. The interface is responsive, fast and simple. The lore is an extension of their previous title Guardian Cross. Same locations, guardians etc.

It does have timers (energy/stamina) which usually turn me off but so far I haven't ran out since I level up fast enough and it refill fairly quickly. I got to level 20, maybe later it'll stagnate more. The good thing is that you have perks that you unlock that can't regen the energy faster. Like a talent tree.

Now, i'm stll bitter at Guardian Cross. I invested so much time and money in the Android version and when it shutdown I was really pissed. (you couldn't transfer your account over to iOS). So I don't know if I will invest as much in Codex.

Sorry for the spelling, English isn't my primary language.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Guardian Cross was probably SQE's first big mobile f2p amd I invested a lot of time and money into that. Seeing how SQE churns out so many f2p collecting games, then shuts them off every now and then bothers me a lot. Also it's fun at first then over time it gets super hard and very gacha based. At some point you'll feel like you need to spend a lot to advance. So even though this looks cool and fun I'm just going to avoid these all together.

However if you do enjoy it, go for it! SQE just has so many f2p games in their pipeline it's understandable how they'll easily shut down servers if one isn't making enough money since they usually have another one releasing soon.

3. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm Rank 45 now. Started to hit a wall recently with my 4 star monsters at Level 60. Have to get evolution materials from the events tomorrow, so I can evolve some.

4. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Where did you set the graphic quality? I don't see that option on IOS

5. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    So I got the commandant skill it says "total of 4 troops available." On level 2 which I got but don't know what it does. I thought it would let me use more guys but it didn't. Anyone know what it's for?

6. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Go to Menu > Other > Options and set the check mark next to Power Saving Mode. It says this reduces frame rate.

While we're in mutual help mode, does anyone know how to switch devices? I've backed up my data on my iPod but when I started the game on iPad there is no option to restore data from backup. Had to sit through the tedious tutorial again.

You would think it could get your data from Game Center, but apparently not.

7. UScr00ge

UScr00ge Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Anyone know the 4 guardians needed to create for Quest 601? I have 3 of the 4 and can't figure out what the 4th is.

8. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    On my first draw during the tutorial I got a five star Sphinx Empress. Is that what everyone gets or did I just get super lucky?

9. Rattyfus

May 8, 2012
    Lucky, I only got a 4 star card. I'll be sure and friend you, then I can use your card as an ally!

10. Rattyfus

May 8, 2012
    Services for this game have been terminated. No idea why.

R.I.P.