iPad Gta

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lord-sam, Feb 25, 2009.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    GTA, as far as I am aware will never come out for the iPhone or iPod touch. It is known that Rockstar do not like Apple and on the GTA 4 game, there is a page on the internet in the TW@ cafe which takes the micky out of Apple and the phone. However, I hope they look at the potential money that could be made, not a relationship between companies- surely it's what the consumer wants?!

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    it sounds like you're just venting here.

what's the question?

3. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Welcome to TA!

Yeah, I don't think GTA will come out either. Payback is a similar game though on the iphone(similar to the first two -- the overhead view)

4. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    And there is the upcoming "Car Jack Streets" :)

5. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yep, welcome :D
    Also, if you enjoy the overhead view Car Jack Streets should arrive sometime soon. It looks pretty nice as well but I agree with your stance on GTA:mad:

6. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    They said the new one coming out is for psp. I think they said it was San andreas.

7. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Maybe you mean DS? As far as I know they are only developing Chinatown Wars, which is for DS and the new xbox expansion, but this is getting off topic anyway.

8. toiletbob

toiletbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Rumors are circulating that GTA is coming to the Iphone. Most likely a port of Chinatown wars. Nothing has been confirmed by Rockstar yet, but the only handheld left that hasn't seen an iteration of the series is the iPhone. I think it's only a matter of time.

http://www.n4g.com/News-269488.aspx

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    iTouch/Phone is not a "handheld" in the sense that you are using (as a label for platforms in the portable game market). This platform is one in the mobile game market, which is a separate and distinct market (as PC and home video game consoles are also separate and distinct markets even though both are in homes).

And, to the best of my knowledge, Rockstar and Take 2 as a whole do not really develop or publish games within the mobile gaming market, so chances are they won't do so for the iTouch/Phone platform. It's to their own folly, IMHO, as the mobile game market is one of the fastest growing sectors within the overall video game market, alongside the portable game market.

10. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I was thinking the same thing:confused:

11. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Active Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Keep in mind that Rockstar is in business to make money. If they feel there is money to be made by bringing some form of GTA to the iPhone/iPod Touch, then rest assured they will develop for the platform.

12. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
  13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    thanks

thanks for the warm welcome. you're right, it wasn't as much a question but more a discussion of any rumours you may have heard or voice your oppinion.