GTA Chinatown Wars BOMBS (90,000 copies first month); hopefully headed to the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
  2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

3. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    It would be pretty sweet! Especially as there could be quite a few graphical enhancements for the iPhone's superior hardware.

4. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    I think there is really no point because like you said, there's already Payback and Car Jack Streets(coming). I mean how much better could they get the graphics for a GTA game on the iPhone/iPod Touch? Then again, they would probably be at the #1 spot, that's if Apple EVER approved it (which they wouldn't even though Rockstar IS huge)

5. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    Or they could have a downgraded version of liberty city stories

6. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    No one said it'll chart 250,000 copies next NPD. I was just making a point on how they didn't include April's sales, nothing about 250,000 copies.

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, i loved that game >:l

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Which is for the better, as GTA is nothing other than swear-fest + gangster/thug culture + gross ways to kill random innocents bunched together aimed at people who needs to vent by playing video games. In my opinion one of the worst games ever created.
    Then there is the other extreme, people who adore GTA to death because it shows the rebellious element in society.
    It's for the better that this doesn't come out, it's already available for all the consoles out there, isn't that enough?

9. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I think you've thought about GTA too hard. It's a game to pass time and have fun :)

10. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

wow, over analyzed the game, i dont think there r many "gross" ways to kill people unless shooting them is one of the ways u is talkin about. Anyway GTA is bad but if u really want to play a game like that get manhunt 2 >:l

11. Wugger

Wugger New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Wow that's sad... I have GTA chinatown wars and it's so amazing. It feels like the console versions and plays just as well.

12. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #32 Yagami_Light, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    Well, the game did come out near the end of the month. Most people tend to wait for reviews when it comes to games, and GTA4 wasn't exactly a good game. R* themselves have stated that they are not concerned by the numbers. They expect a bump in sales for April, and for the sales to maintain at that level for quite a while.

I think that news of the amazing quality of the game will spread, and I would be surprised if it didn't hit the 1 million mark by June.

Oh, and I should also mention that R* stupidly decided to release it right around when Pokemon Platinum came out.

13. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah but GTA 4 is a good game and had 9.5-10's across the board. It also was one of the most highly purchased games on release. It recieved numerous awards yadda yadda yadda-so I think that demographics and poor timing (like you said) contributed the most. But I do agree and hope that more people will buy it because I hate to see Rockstar get shafted for an amazing game.

14. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I wish it would come so that the 10 dollar barrier would finally be broken.

15. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    gta on nds should have done better than that
    I mean dang I know Nintendo is all kiddy or whatever but the game was ok
    worth atleast a million
    but hey if its coming to iphone
    I digg that alot
    (APPLE WOULD BE DUMB, TO REJECT ROCKSTAR)

16. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

no, apple would not be dumb to reject rockstar, the game is very bad content wise, there r things in it i would get banned talking about. Rockstar has been a very controvertial game developer, GTA IV and Manhunt 2 which completely destroyed the wiis innocence. If i was apple i would reject rockstar due to the very mature content of their games, think before u say something dumb >:l

17. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Okay so saying that you shouldn't deny an amazing game that would sell millions is dumb? I think that believing video games have an effect on the violence, sexual level of anyone over the age of eight is dumb. You sound like you have never played one of the games, it really isn't that bad especially chinatown wars, unless miniture top down people killing eachother is offensive to you.

18. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Mattman
    You Rule, I was thinking the same thing lol

19. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    The game is also very very tame compared to other GTA's, since it is on the DS...So it could make it to the appstore but I doubt it is going to happen.

20. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Have you played Chinatown Wars? I don't mean that in a snotty way, it's just that this game is very violent for the standards of a GTA game.

SPOLIER ALERT!!!

Well, it isn't quite a spoiler as it's just a basic cut scene, but at one point you kidnap some guy from the airport and drive him back to a secure location where one of your buddies (forget which one) climbs in the back of the van and stabs him to death. Now you don't actually see him getting stabbed, but you see the van rocking and you can hear the sound of the knife piercing him several times. Thats only one example (I don't want to ruin it for people who still want to play the game) but I think Apple would be a little against that sort of thing!

Plus, one of the really great aspects of GTA CTW was the HUD. Everything from reading mail, purchasing weapons via mail order to plotting routes on your GPS was done on the touch screen whilst the game play remained uniterrupted on the top screen... plus you had separate buttons to control Huang or his vehicles (you could actually fiddle about on the touchscreen whilst still controlling your car which was quite neat)! I just don't see how this will all translate well onto the iPhone.

Again, I think an iPhone/Touch specific GTA would be the best way to go!