GTA 3 Graphics modding guide (must see)!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dan007, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Marck527

Marck527 Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks kon I love my new dodge viper (banshee). But for some reason my yakuza stinger didn't change? Every car that was on the list was changed except for the stinger.

2. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Glad you like it... I'm currently working on a completely modded GTA3 Mobile with custom cars, custom buildings, custom characters, custom maps and much more!!

Your Yakuza Stinger won't have been changed because that is a gang-car, it is seperate to the Stinger... the normal Stinger (non gang) should be an Aston Martin Vanquish. Same with the other gang cars, the stallion is a seperate car to the diablo stallion (gang-car)

3. Marck527

Marck527 Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    #143 Marck527, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    +1'd and shared on Google+.

5. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I've updated the Modded IMG file... There are now 10 Custom Cars added!!

The 10 Cars That I have Replaced Are: *UPDATED*
    Cheetah - Porsche Carrera GT With Custom Wheels & Handling
    Stinger - Aston Martin Vanquish With Custom Wheels & Handling
    Esperanto - Mini Cooper S With Custom Wheels, Colours & Handling
    Idaho - Audi TT Coupe With Custom Wheels, Colours & Handling
    Kuruma - BMW 760i With Custom Wheels, Colours & Handling
    Manana - Mazda MX5 With Custom Wheels
    Sentinel - Alfa Romeo 156 With Custom Wheels
    Perennial - Mercedes 320
    Infernus - Lamborghini Diablo
    Banshee - Dodge Viper

6. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010

How are you installing the custom wheels? I have the Wheel.dff files with some of the car mods but I don't know how to install them. Then when I upload those wheelmodinstaller files some of the stock vehicles tires are invisible.

IF you have an instant messaging client or twitter handle would you mind PMing it to me? I am trying to get the RealGTA3 mod to work and could use your help for sure.

7. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks man really appreciate it

8. dominator

dominator Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I don't post often, but I would like to thank you !
    Really, I was an hardcore modder a long time ago, now I lost the time and the passion. Being able to play GTA III on my iDevice was one thing, but now, installing your mod pack is a joy. Bring back to me a ton of memories.

Big thanks to you, I can't wait for more vehicles, textures and maps to be added in your custom IMG set !

9. Marck527

Marck527 Active Member

Dec 28, 2011

Thanks again man :D just wondering is it possible to change the name Banshee to dodge viper for examPle when you hop in?

10. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I realize this is probably something you do in your free time K0N3 but how long will it be till you have the IMG file updated with most of the cars that you have download links too? Or are you even going to add all those cars? I would do it but iExplorer is being really slow and keeps giving me errors.

11. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    Yes , but the framerate drops REALLY BAD on A4

12. Bawls

Bawls Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    :D thanks for the car mods but the only problem i have is with the best mod in op it lags bad when i rains in the game

13. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    Those custom cars crash my game after 10 seconds , stupid apple putting 256 mb of ram on iPad 1 and iPod touch 4 :/

14. Marck527

Marck527 Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    #154 Marck527, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    custom cars doesn't crash my itouch I even added Lbgs graphic mod and still run smoothly without crashes. Make sure you reboot after modifying files

15. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey Barcâ, to answer your question, I'm not actually installing custom wheels. Some of the custom cars have the wheels already added to the .txd/dff files, the wheelmod makes the stock wheels (for whichever car model you have assigned it to) invisible so you can see the custom wheels. To assign the wheelmod to a car, change the wheel number to 89 in the default.ide file.

Unfortunately I don't use any IM clients nor Twitter, but I'm more then happy to answer any possible questions via PM. Ahh a man after my own heart...I too am converting the RealGTA3 Mod (with my own personal tweaks) to work with GTA3 Mobile :D

You're Welcome :)

Thankyou, it's comments like this that make this worth while... :D

Yep, it most certainly is, I will be adding this aswell in due time :)

I only uploaded the 10 custom cars yesterday :rolleyes: (i'm a one man band).

I won't be added all of the vehicle mods to the IMG file for two reasons... First is the amount of time that would take (I may make an IMG for iPad2 & iPhone4S with more vehicles added once I've completed the planned mods), secondly, and more important, after I added about 16 custom cars the building textures took a massive hit (low memory), this is because of the amount of polygons the custom cars use.

I've only added 10 cars for now so I can add some other cool stuff that all devices (iPhone3GS and above) should be able to run :D

Which vehicle mod is causing you problems??

Hmm...the IMG file should be fine with 256Mb RAM (even the 3GS runs this). Try clearing your multitask bar or restarting your phone, turn off anything running in the background etc.

16. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #156 K0N3, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    Mod GTA 3 For iOS With Custom Buildings!!
    (No Jailbreak Required)

[Tutorial] How To Mod GTA 3 Mobile With Custom Cars

[Tutorial] Download GTA 3 Mobile Custom Cars & IMG File

BUILDINGS
    Now that you guys are getting to grips with the vehicle mods, it's time to start adding some new building textures to GTA3. With this part we will be changing some of the stock buldings to real world buildings, we shall be adding some well known buildings like, McDonalds, Starbucks, Pizza-Hut etc...

All of the files that you will be editing can be found in gta3_pvr.img (this is the same for ALL devices). Just as with the custom cars, there will one maybe two files for you to replace with the ones you have downloaded. Again just as with the cars ie all two-door cars can be changed with each other, the same is true for the buildings ie, all Petrol Stations can be changed with each other :thumb:

Phew!! You might have been wondering why I haven't uploaded any buildings as of yet... Well the reason has been because I hit a majot problem reskinning the buildings, fortunately after 2 days of painstakingly testing and retesting, I've finally figured out a workable solution

As per normal, once I've completed this custom buildings post, I will package up another IMG file with both the custom cars & buildings added for you all

I will now start to add up some custom buildings... starting with the Petrol Stations​

Amco Petrol Station Can Be Replaced With:

BP Petrol Station
    [​IMG]

Shell Petrol Station
    [​IMG]

Esso Petrol Station
    [​IMG]

76 Petrol Station
    [​IMG]

Greasy Joes Can Be Replaced With:
    Pizza Hut
    [​IMG]

Burger King
    [​IMG]

A&W Diner
    [​IMG]

Dennys
    [​IMG]

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    [​IMG]

Waffle House
    [​IMG]

SupaSave Store Can Be Replaced With:
    Saturnia Store
    [​IMG]

PC World
    [​IMG]

Staples Store
    [​IMG]

Media Markt
    [​IMG]

Best Buy Store
    [​IMG]

*Yes I HAVE noticed I haven't added the windows to the first 3 SupaSave Replacements... I'll sort that out don't worry :D

8 Ball Can Be Replaced With:
    COMING SOON!!

Ammunation Can Be Replaced With:
    COMING SOON!!

Dog Factory Can Be Replaced With:
    COMING SOON!!

Punk Noodles Can Be Replaced With:
    COMING SOON!!

Vending Machines Can Be Replaced With:
    COMING SOON!!

UPDATED IMG FILE WITH THREE NEW BUILDINGS ADDED!!​

Below is the download link to a new IMG file that has all of the other cars (plus custom wheels) aswell as 3 new buildings. This IMG file will/should work on all devices (3GS and above) :D

The buildings that I have added are:
    BP Petrol Station
    Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Best Buy Store

I will try to add some more buildings for you guys soon...but as you can imagine, time is precious at the moment, maybe inbetween late night feeds I can add one or two more (but not promising on a day)

17. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Not a problem. Have you worked on modding the radio stations? I have VROCK now in place of JAH radio, but when ever I start the game, and switch to that station, the same song is always playing. Is there another file I need to edit in order to shuffle the tracks within that audio file?

18. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I'm aware of the modded radio stations, but haven't had a look at it as of yet. It is on my list to do though so...in good time this will be a completely modded GTA3 Mobile, similar to RealGTA3, but with some of my own tweaks.

19. xDanny

xDanny New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    student
    Cascais
    little help here? :p

hey there :)

does anyone know how to do either one of this 2 things:

1st: how to make the cars on A4 ship look like the cars on the A5 one? like the first car you ride in the game with 8-ball with those metal strips?

2nd: is it possible to add more RAM usage to GTA CTW? the reason for this is that the game have no retina graphics (witch is easily fixable with retinasizer) but doing so, the game lags as hell, and i notice that CTW uses less ram than GTA 3 for example. if there was some kind of mod to make the game use more ram, than it would run smooth and cool ^^

probably none of thins things is possible but.. thanks anyway xD

20. Marck527

Marck527 Active Member

Dec 28, 2011

Haha that looks sick man, can't wait :)