Universal GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh man does the difficulty ramp up in the second tier of the platinum series or is it just me?
    I can't get past 6th on the speedway one, the best is the head to head where I get 2nd (but then there's only two cars!). :)

2. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    #102 luckycharmz75, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    I found it to be the opposite. Seemed easier to me. I finished them in about 20-25 minutes. I STILL can't get past Montreal in group 1. At this point it's mental, lol

P. S. You do get instant credit for prizes. As soon as I got the required stars, I received the credits. So that's a pretty good haul, even if you don't win the car. 100 dollars, and 50,000 credits.

3. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Finally got to play 1 race (or 2 races including the first Ferrari race), and I got to say.. Its very good, looks like A8 but feels like a new world.

Just suspicious to see those mechanics and timers.. Hope they're gonna turn out good.

Thanks you for the Canadian account.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Maybe I missed something or didn't read clearly enough but - why did the game make me purchase the Renault Clio to race in the series if that is the car I would win if I won the series?!?

5. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I want to leave some feedback on the 'multiplayer' challenges, right now they work in a broken way and this is why I think they do:

When you enter a challenge you get paired with 5 other ghosts with a rating, however the game is pulling ghosts from somewhere where boosters were valid to be used, as challenges do not allow boosts of any type this means the AI will start beating you outright in speed and accel in the exact same car as yourself, even if you are fully upgraded.

I understand that it should be a challenge but it's impossible to keep up with an AI car the same as yourself using boosted AI data and there is nothing you can do about it, not even enable boosts yourself.

This really needs looking into before a global release.

6. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    One of the biggest frustration is the crashes (after many races or if you leave the game on for a few minutes without touching it - like inbetween customers at my work). You have to restart it and wait for it to load every time.

7. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Which device are you playing on? so far on an iPhone 5 the game has not locked up for me yet, not even after closing the app and resuming after a charge.

I could leave the game on my iPad 3 to see if anything happens too.

8. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I am playing it on my iphone 4s.

In regards to the Renault Clio - it is a tier 1 car. The one you win in the Platinum series is a tier 2 car.

9. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    I played a good 2 hours on the ipad 3 this afternoon and there is bad frames when the race starts and sometimes on the main menu but in race it sorts itself out, which is good because we all know that the ipad 3 sucks for games :p

I also saved up and bought the subaru impreza in class 3, that thing can turn so well at speed and will grip but has no good top end speed.

10. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I've found on lower memory devices (I have a mini), turning off gamecenter or airplane mode on, drastically improves gameplay. No crashes. Less choppy frame rates.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #111 Nekku, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    This game has one major flaw. It's called wallriding. On most tracks there is no need to brake at all. Just drive against the wall and u will go on with almost 3/4 of ur top speed.
    With this technique i completed almost all platinum races with -10 secs in comparison to the top driver on each track.
    Lago Di Como is very easy if u ride the wall.

I remember this was one of the main issues ppl complaining about in RR2 cuz ppl used wallriding to get an advancement over pro players in multiplayer.

12. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    So we keep both?

13. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah it's bad, I try not to do it as half the time a clean corner is just as fast but it seems to depend on how you hit the wall.

Hopefully they can fix that, just need to make the car drop more speed if you hit a wall while going fast.

14. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I guess wall riding is there for the super casuals that hate using the brake. Try that in RR3 and you're dropping to last in no time.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yep, this would fix it :)

16. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    As I upgrade more cars in the same tier I am starting to see each car's strengh and weakness, this is good! not all the cars end up the same. The problem though is that you take your car into matchmaking before a stage is selected, and you can't swap out your car to match that track.

This is also probably why some people are finding some races, it's about the car you use as well as the buffs you buy before a race.

17. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #117 Freeway82, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    Double post.

18. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I am loving the game so far and it is growing on me but 2 things please

Can we kindly ask for quick race and replay after race. GT Racing Motor Academy had them, why not this?

This is a worrying trend I have noticed about video games these days. No more quick race and replay view. EA started it and Gameloft has now taken cue.

Secondly, the cockpit view might as well not be there because it looks just too bad that I have ignored it completely. Even GT Racing Motor Academy had a better in car view.

It is not dynamic at all. No lighting and no shadows. Does not look different between night and day races and no push and pull effect when accelerating and decelerating. Hell, the driver doesn't even push the gears when in cars with manual gear sticks.

The cockpit also looks like a paper cut out with speedometers that look out of place slapped on them. The steering wheels also look to big and there is no sound when in cockpit view.

Real Racing nailed that part.

There are still many more things that irk me like the wall grinding and dumb AI that are all over the place when taking corners but the two above nerve me the most.

Nevertheless, the game looks near perfect when driving from the 3rd person view and the vistas are gorgeous.

I would still say, nice game Gameloft.

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    This is something that has been brought up earlier in the thread and I said I would pass along. It's up to the Dev team though, since they are the ones designing the game :)

20. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Man, I wish I did not like this game so much! It crashes too much on my iphone (when I pause and after each race) and every single time I have to reboot the game i waste almost a minute (when it crashes several times in a 10 minute span, that's half my play time waiting for the game to load) - on top of that, because of the crashes you lose your one-time cash level bonuses. Putting my iphone on airplane mode does not help with the crashes.

I'm going to see if I have enough memory on my ipad to put it on there - but it is the perfect type of game for my iphone.